Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

best way from kagoshima to kurokawa onsen 2012/5/26 02:10
Hello everyone!

in July, Im going to go Kagoshima and after that, I will go to Kurokawa onsen. I think, I cant use train from Kumamoto to Kurokawa. how can I go to Kurokawa onsen from Kagoshima? I need cheap way. please help and advice me.
thanks
Dii
by inferidii  

Re: best way from kagoshima to kurokawa onsen 2012/5/26 07:43
The easiest would be to take the shinkansen from Kagoshima to Kumamoto (45 minutes, around 6500 yen) and then catch the bus to Kurokawa (2.5 to 3.5 hours, 2000 yen, with a possible detour via Mount Aso). In order to save some money, you could take a bus instead the shinkansen between Kagoshima and Kumamoto (3 hours, 3600 yen).

Instead of taking the bus all the way from Kumamoto to Kurokawa, it can be faster to take a train from Kumamoto to Aso and catch the bus from there to Kurokawa.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: best way from kagoshima to kurokawa onsen 2012/7/3 02:08
now, I'm seeing your post. thank you so much Uji-San. May I ask another question?

in 4 or 5 August, I will catch Shinkansen from Kagoshima to Kumamoto like you said. after that I will catch the other JR line. I think it will be JR Hohi Line. because Im planning to use JR Sanyo Shikoku Kyushu Rail Pass.

my question is; I can't stay in an onsen for a night. I will use it only for 3 maybe 4 hours. all of the ways, are they worth for it?
by inferidii rate this post as useful

Re: best way from kagoshima to kurokawa onsen 2012/7/31 17:49
Yes I am in the same predicamentand in my research I have found that the JR Hohi line terminates at Tateno for the time being. Apparently there is a bus which goes all the way to kurokawa onsen but I just can't find out how much the fare is. It would be also useful to know if there were any other forms of transport from the west coast to Kurokawa that departs around 14:00. Thank you.
by sheaarons rate this post as useful

Re: best way from kagoshima to kurokawa onsen 2012/8/1 05:05
Sheaarons,

I found a web page which explains the current status of the transportation to Kurokawa Onsen.

http://www.maniado.jp/community/neta.php?NETA_ID=15087

This is in Japanese, and sorry, I do not have that endurance to translate it fully to English, but Trans-Kyushu bus (‹γB‰‘’fƒoƒXjis the most recommended way of travel at this time, according to the above page.

The bus time table is here.

http://www.kyusanko.co.jp/sankobus/kyushu_odan/table/tt1.html

After 1400 at Kumamoto, you have only one choice: Take bus No.9 at 1530 Kumamoto station and you will arrive at Kurokawa Onsen at 1810.

Bus fare is shown here.

http://www.kyusanko.co.jp/sankobus/kyushu_odan/table/kyushuodan_unchin...

From Kumamoto to Kurokawa Onsen is 2000 yen.

Hope this helps.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: best way from kagoshima to kurokawa onsen 2012/8/3 08:09
Thank you Frog1954, that was very kind of you to research for me. However the Google translations has really done my head in and I have decided the best thing would be to leave from Hakata and take the direct bus from there for 3000JPY and I think this is the link

http://www.nishitetsu.co.jp/bus/highway/gb/guide/kurokawa.ht...

Re: best way from kagoshima to kurokawa onsen 2012/8/3 10:09
Sheaarons,

No worries!

Kurokawa onsen is a very nice place. Enjoy open air bath and nice Japanese foods!
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: best way from kagoshima to kurokawa onsen 2012/8/3 17:02
I think the Tourist Board or even this site should post more straightforward answers instead of putting foreigners like me through this endurance test. For instance if they say a train service has been disrupted, why don't they add if there is a substitute bus service to bridge the gap? The Kurokawa Spa people could do more to help too by updating their website unless they have no need to promote themselves. I shall find out. Thank you.

Re: best way from kagoshima to kurokawa onsen 2012/8/4 01:38
The following is updated daily:
http://www.japan-guide.com/list/e1108.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: best way from kagoshima to kurokawa onsen 2012/8/5 05:22
Thank you Sir. It was my first port of call but it turned out to be a cul-de-sac. For instance I had thought of going to Tateno, to maximise the use of my JR pass and minimise any bus fares but it was really difficult trying to find out the costs of the bus fares. Anyhow, just when I gave up I stumbled on the information and if it was not for the availability of Google translator it would have been impossible. Also it may have been you who offered the Japanese writing for Kurokawa and some other places and i would like to commend you for its usefulness. Thank you very much for your good work.

reply to this thread