Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Driving in Osaka and Kyoto 2012/6/2 21:58
Highly appreciate if anyone has experienced sightseeing in Osaka or Kyoto city by own driving? We may only want to srtop only few places that have parkings otherwise just drive around . Do you think it will work?
I have done several times driving in New York city/ Manhattan and also Paris and found it manageable eventhough hard to find parkingsand sometimes real congestion.

My last trip to Japan I also drove around Nagoya city and found it was OK .

Highly appreciate if any one could guide or comment to our queries. We have handicap coming along and driving her around would be great help to her orientation and touring of these two famous cities.

Thank you very much.

Phim

by phim  

Re: Driving in Osaka and Kyoto 2012/6/4 08:28
Kyoto is generally an unattractive city unless you walk to the pockets of beauty. In other words: it cannot be enjoyed from the car. Traffic jams can be very bad in Kyoto during rush hours. Parking is very difficult in many but not all districts of Kyoto. Still, I would never even think about exploring central Kyoto by car.

I believe that parking is slightly easier around Osaka, and traffic jams less of a problem, but it depends where you want to go. Again, I don't think that the city can be enjoyed from the car.

I recommend to use public transportation.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread