Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

5 Days in Hakone 2012/6/3 22:28
Hi,

I'll be in Hakone for 5 days. I'll arrive at Narita at 2pm and head straight for Hakone. During my 5 days, I intend to visit five lakes, Fujisan, gotemba outlet and nearby city in search of soba made from spring water. On the last day, I'll return to Shinjuku.

I know Fuji Hakone pass is valid for only 3 consecutive days. I'll like your advise on which is the best travel mode and which combination of pass to purchase to make full use of my stay in Hakone.

Thanks.
by Sha08ron  

Re: 5 Days in Hakone 2012/6/5 00:58
There is the Fuji Hakone pass and there is the Hakone Free Pass. The Fuji Hakone pass is probably only good value if you use it for transport from/to Tokyo which you can't really as it is for 3 days only.

The Hakone Free pass can be bought without access from/to Tokyo, i.e. only for transportation in the Hakone area. It can be good value if you take lots of buses/ropeways/trains per day.

Whether to get the pass will depend on your exact travel plans, i.e. which places do you want to visit on which day?
by Jensij rate this post as useful

Re: 5 Days in Hakone 2012/6/5 12:36
It seems this question was posted twice:
http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+92583
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread