Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Cheap train from Tokyo-Osaka? 2012/6/4 12:42
Hi guys

I need to travel from Tokyo to Osaka, one way. Doesn't matter what time but I just like to know where I can find the cheapest tickets?

I've done some research and I found this website called willerexpress.com (only buses) They have pretty cheap ticket but I like to know if you know any cheaper one? I prefer traveling on a train but I don't like travelling more than 8 hours.

Sorry, there r heaps of same questions but I am seriously not good at this so I appreciate your help:)
by Sushi (guest)  

... 2012/6/4 12:59
What date are you travelling?

If you go when they are valid then a Seishun 18 Kippu may suit.
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2362.html

You can do the whole journey on local trains, but it will take around 9 hours and require some transfers.

You can sometimes purchase just one day of Seishun 18 ticket or you may be able to sell your extras at the end at discount ticket stores. Theoretically one day Seishun 18 ticket is 2300 yen.

Alternatively, there are other bus companies which may offer cheaper tickets for an overnight bus.

Options mentioned here;-
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e4006.html
by GC3 rate this post as useful

Re: Cheap train from Tokyo-Osaka? 2012/6/4 15:17
Thank you GC3!

I am not exactly sure when I am travelling but we will be traveling in January 2013.

Can I buy a ticket from 18 kippu from online because I would like to buy my ticket before I travel to Japan? How can I reserve a seat I like? Can I do it when I buy the ticket and how much extra that usually cost?

I will have 15kg luggage so do I need to buy a ticket where they allow luggage if i travel on a bus?

Also, i read some trains r Ladies seat policy. Whats the meaning of that?
by Sushi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Cheap train from Tokyo-Osaka? 2012/6/4 15:22
I forgot to ask one more question!

We will be staying in Hyogo but we will probably travel to Osaka daily for a week so should we buy a ticket which we can use it the whole day or week?

What do you call this ticket and how much it would cost us?

Thank you
by Sushi (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2012/6/4 15:41
am not exactly sure when I am travelling but we will be traveling in January 2013.

Ok, as long as it is before January 11th for Seishun 18

Can I buy a ticket from 18 kippu from online because I would like to buy my ticket before I travel to Japan?

No I don't think so. Note that the full ticket has 5 days of usage and is 11,000 yen. if you only need portions you will have to find a discount ticket store in Japan that sells the portions.

How can I reserve a seat I like?

They are local commuter trains with no reserved seats.

I will have 15kg luggage so do I need to buy a ticket where they allow luggage if i travel on a bus?

I think in general the bus will include luggage.

Also, i read some trains r Ladies seat policy. Whats the meaning of that?

Meaning that only females may use those carriages.

We will be staying in Hyogo but we will probably travel to Osaka daily for a week so should we buy a ticket which we can use it the whole day or week?

Hyogo is a big prefecture. Where in Hyogo? In general there will be no discount for a weekly pass.

To be honest, I'd try and use an overnight bus. It is the easiest method and relatively economical especially as you will save a night's accommodation too.
by GC3 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread