Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

car reservation on ToCoo.jp 2012/6/7 18:05
Hi everyone,
I hope somebody can help me on this. I tried to book a car for the Mazda station in Kanazawa for November. Unfortunately the ToCoo customer support always denies the booking:

We regret to inform you that your application is NOT CONFIRMED
already CANCELED due to reasons as follows.

From Car Rental Company;
We would inform you that this application can not be processed
since the given credit card data is incorrect or not in the valid credit card list.''

I used my Visa Card (issued in Austria). The same card I used already in 2010 for my car reservation on ToCoo for Izu Hanto and Yakushima without any problems and I use this card every week without any problems.
Has anyone experienced the same problems like me or has a suggestion whatLs wrong. The customer supports gives me no real advice about whatLs wrong with my card. The number of the Visa Card is correct I checked it severeal times and I also made the booking request 3 times on ToCoo...
Maybe anybody has experienced the same problems I have.
If anybody can recommend any solution or even another english homepage for renting a car in Japan your suggestion is also highly appreciated.

Thank you very much.
kind regards
christianbrandtner
by christian1  

Re: car reservation on ToCoo.jp 2012/6/8 22:16
The only thing that comes to mind is, if the expiration date of the credit card is somewhere before the booking date, so that you can use it now, but not then.
by fatgermanbloke rate this post as useful

Re: car reservation on ToCoo.jp 2012/6/8 22:53
Hi,
the expiry date of the CC is 2015 so this canLt be the problem.
Thx anyway.
kind regards
christianbrandtner
by christian1 rate this post as useful

Re: car reservation on ToCoo.jp 2012/6/8 23:39
Hello!

You might want to try to call your credit card provider (bank, paylife) and ask them if they can do something about that

I used to work for a company who did credit card transactions, and I know that just because you could do a transaction 2 years ago, doesn't mean you can do it now. There are more checks because fraud is happening quite often. So some payment providers decline creditcards from certain (or just unknown) countries.
You might also try another credit card (maybe from a friend) and give him the money for it.

And if all of that doesn't help, then write an email to tooco and ask them if there is any other way of paying for your car rental
by FellowAustrian (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: car reservation on ToCoo.jp 2012/6/9 01:49
Most likely your credit card company is denying the charge. They probably think it is a fraudulent charge since it is coming from another country. You should talk to them.
by snooch (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread