Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Wake up calls in Sunrise Seto/Izumo? 2012/6/16 14:17
Are there any wake up calls in Sunrise Seto/Izumo to wake up the passengers if they have arrived at their destination? I'm afraid that I will miss the station I'm going to disembark. Thanks in advance!
by joshhy  

Re: Wake up calls in Sunrise Seto/Izumo? 2012/6/16 22:32
The only one I know of is at the end of the line. The conductor will wake you and tell you to get off the train. LOL
by Dick H rate this post as useful

Re: Wake up calls in Sunrise Seto/Izumo? 2012/6/17 01:56
I have not heard about wake-up "calls" in sleepers' express trains.
A few years ago I took a westbound Sunrise Seto from Tokyo to Okayama, utilizing a B-Class Private Compartment Single. I found no phone in the compartment. If I remember correctly, a clock with digital indicator had an alarm function, and the conductors refrained from making normal announcements late in the night and early in the morning.

I'm afraid that I will miss the station I'm going to disembark.

If you utilize a private compartment (, in which case a Japan Rail Pass covers the base fare only and does not cover the berth charge nor the Ltd. express charge,) one option is to use your own alarm clock.
(Make sure that the battery has enough power. I remember that I had to recharge a battery for my mobile phone in the compartment so that the alarm could work.)
Sunrise Seto / Izumo: B-Class Private Compartment Single
- http://www.jr-odekake.net/train/sunriseseto_izumo/accommo_sub_02.html

However, if you utilize not a berth but a seat called "Nobi-nobi zaseki" (, in which case a Japan Rail Pass covers both the base fare and the Ltd. express charge,) setting off an alarm is not recommended because it seems there are no soundproof separations between the individual spaces.
Sunrise Seto / Izumo: Nobi-nobi seats
- http://www.jr-odekake.net/train/sunriseseto_izumo/accommo_sub_05.html

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Wake up calls in Sunrise Seto/Izumo? 2012/6/17 18:37
I'll ask one of the staffs to wake me up. Thanks.
by joshhy rate this post as useful

Re: Wake up calls in Sunrise Seto/Izumo? 2012/6/17 23:33
"...I'll ask one of the staffs to wake me up."

I'll be surprised if that works. If he does it for one, he would have to do it for the whole train.

Tokyo-Izumoshi 2012/6/17 23:48
Looking at the timetable, that train starts in Tokyo at 2200 and ends at Izumo city at 0958.
Since it's the end of the line, if you are still sleeping, the conductor will indeed wake you and any other sleepers.
As someone else said a Google search will give you all these answers.

Re: Wake up calls in Sunrise Seto/Izumo? 2012/6/18 17:18
Then I hope I can wake up

Re: Wake up calls in Sunrise Seto/Izumo? 2012/7/19 21:08
When the staff came to see our Reserved tickets, my mom told him if he can wake us up 30 minutes before the train arrives at Himeji and he did. We woke up at 4 ish, still early but the sun was already shining.

reply to this thread