Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

is half day enough for a Kurokawa Onsen? 2012/7/3 02:27
Hello

in August, I will use Shinkansen from Kagoshima to Kumamoto. (it departs 10:35) after that I will use ltd.exp.Kyushu Odan Tokkyu from Kumamoto to Aso Station. (it arrives 12:45) because I will have Jr Sanyo Kyushu Rail Pass. I will choose one of Kurokawa Onsens. I will spend 3 or 4 hours there. finally I will catch the other JR Line. and I will go to Hiroshima where my next hostel is located.

I have never seen a onsen before. are 3 or 4 hours enough for it? are all of ways worth for it?

I would appreciate it if you could advice me. thank you
by inferidii  

Re: is half day enough for a Kurokawa Onsen? 2012/7/3 08:52
How will you get to the Onsen from Aso Station?
The Trans-Kyushu bus departing from Aso to Kurokawa doesn't arrive until around 2:15pm. Then it takes about an hour to get to Kurokawa. I am also not sure of the bus timetable to get back to Aso after you spend time in Kurokawa. If you're going to make it to Hiroshima that night you will be pressed for time.

Kurokawa is a great onsen, especially the atmosphere. The best in Japan in my opinion. 3-4 hours is enough time and being there especially in the early evening will be a very good experience.
by marinelzen rate this post as useful

Re: is half day enough for a Kurokawa Onsen? 2012/7/3 09:45
Note also that some of the most spectacular baths are located outside the town center and it will not be practical to access them on foot. In the town center I recommend the Kurokawaso. Most people spend about one hour for a visit to one bath.
by Uji rate this post as useful

What about Yufuin? 2012/7/3 12:49
As marinelzen wrote, you must take a bus from Aso to Kurokawa, which takes time and bus fare. Then what about Yufuin? You can go there just by JR train. Once you get off the train, you are in front of the onsen town of Yufuin.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e4750.html

The bath of Musoen is one of the best onsen in Japan, I think.

by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: is half day enough for a Kurokawa Onsen? 2012/7/3 18:59
thank you for your help and advice..
Ive just researched and I found this timetable for to go from Aso to Kurokawa Onsen.

http://www.kyusanko.co.jp/sankobus/kyushu_odan/table/tt3-1.html

but I can see only one bus's timetable which starts at 08:34 from Kumamotoekimae.
where can I find Sanko Kyushu Odan Bus timetable for Sunday?

on the other hand, I can try Kurokawaso onsen or Yufuin.

by inferidii rate this post as useful

Re: is half day enough for a Kurokawa Onsen? 2012/7/4 13:48
inferidii,

but I can see only one bus's timetable which starts at 08:34 from Kumamotoekimae.

This is a new line which go through Minamiaso area.

More buses run as below.

From Kumamoto-JR Aso Sta.-Kurokawa

http://www.kyusanko.co.jp/sankobus/kyushu_odan/table/kyushuodan_tt1.ht...

From Kurokawa-JR Aso Sta.-Kumamoto

http://www.kyusanko.co.jp/sankobus/kyushu_odan/table/kyushuodan_tt2.ht...

There might be a line which goes from JR Aso Sta. to Tsuetate onsen which goes to Kurokawa onsen, but I could not find the timetable.

by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: is half day enough for a Kurokawa Onsen? 2012/7/5 02:54
thank you so much for your help. now let's see... if I can catch the bus at 12:28-38 from Aso station to Kurokawa Oncen, that will be great, thanks a lot again

by inferidii rate this post as useful

Kurokawa Onsen? 2012/7/13 00:05
Hi I am planning to visit Fukuoka in late Nov. We have 3 family (6 adults and 5 kids) I hear that the Onsen/Ryokan near Kurokawan are the best. I plan to spend 3 days at the Ryokan and have the following questions:
1) Is there any decent and affordable youkan to recomend near the area
2) What can we do for 3 days?
3) Is it advisable to drive or just take the bus/train

Thanks!
by Wong (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread