Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

10 days Japan - Sep 2012 2012/7/12 18:53
Good afternoon.

I will be going to Japan to attend an aikidou seminar at Osaka on Sunday, 09 Sep 2012 and would like to use this opportunity to travel around Japan.

Giving the following restrictions, I would appreciate membersf advice on some of the doubts I have.

1. To reach Osaka on Sat, 08 Sep 2012 in afternoon
2. To go to Kyoto on Mon, 10 Sep 2012 morning
3. To go to Hakata (preferably on Sat or Sun)

Q1. is 5-Day Kintetsu Rail Pass a good choice over 3-Day Kansai Pass Through? I understand Kansai Pass Through does not cover Ise Shima and Kaga Onsen, while I would really like to visit both places.

Q2. I personally find the following time table is not efficient, partially due to where I have to start from (due to the seminarfs date and location). I do not mind to drop 1/2 location if necessary.

Q3. Has anyone stayed at Katakuri House or Sansyou House before? They are remote, but if they are worth the time, I do not mind to stay a night there.

I would appreciate your kind review on my plan and feel free to advise me.

Many thanks in advance.

Miki

Time Table:

Sin to Tokyo (by ANA)
1. KRP Day1 Tokyo - Osaka - Ise Jingu
2. KRP Day 2 Ise Jingu - Osaka
3. KRP Day 3 Osaka (seminar)
4. KRP Day 4 Osaka - Kyoto - Kaga Onsen
5. JRP Day1 Kaga Onsen - Tokyo - (take night train) - Izumo shi
6. JRP Day2 Izumo shi - Tokyo (take night train)
7. JRP Day 3 Tokyo - Echigo Yuwaza (to stay at Katakuri House or Sansyou House)
8. JRP Day 4 Echigo Yuwaza - Tsuruoka (to stay @ Temple at Haguro San)
9. JRP Day 5 Tsuruoka - Tokyo (to take night train) - Osaka
10. JRP Day 6 Osaka - Hakata/Saga
11. JRP Day 7 Hakata/Saga - Singapore

KRP = Kintesu Rail Pass
JRP = Japan Rail Pass

by miki (guest)  

Re: 10 days Japan - Sep 2012 2012/7/13 10:53
Day 1 You can ride direct Kintetsu train to Ise from Nagoya with Kintetsu Rail Pass. No need to go all the way to Osaka.

Day 5 Don't go all the way to Tokyo to ride Sunrise train! You can find cheap accommodation in Kyoto/Osaka/Okayama/Matsue/Izumo or anywhere else. You also have time to visit one of these cities.

Q1 yes, Kintetsu rail pass has a good value on your itinerary.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 10 days Japan - Sep 2012 2012/7/13 11:41
Thanks for your kind review and advice.

Day 1
I forgot to mention that I have checked earlier on, and found that there is only 1 or 2 flight connection from Tokyo to Nagoya. The timing of those domestic flights is not good since my flight will land at Tokyo at early morning. So I have no choice but to take domestic flight to Osaka. If there is any other better way, please advise me.

Day 5
I was trying to maximise the use of JR Pass by doing so. But your idea is good. Any particular place you would suggest? Been to those places you mentioned except Matsue. I like to go to non-touristic places to stay, even if it is at remote area.

by miki (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread