Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Entering and getting visa question 2012/7/12 20:42
I bought a ferry ticket from Busan to Osaka (one way). I'm from the USA and have a question about getting a visa. I have my itinerary that shows I am going to be leaving Korea on August 16th, but I don't have a ticket (ferry or otherwise) actually out of Japan because I was going to stay about 3 weeks (maybe more or maybe less).

Do you think this will be a problem? Obviously, if I am going to be flying home in August, I must be leaving Japan by that time. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

by Jennifer (guest)  

Re: Entering and getting visa question 2012/7/13 10:41
No, you will have no problem entering Japan via international ferry.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Entering and getting visa question 2012/7/13 10:49
without a visa and a return ticket out of Japan, you will probably denied entry.

a return ticket out of Korea does not count as two countries do not share a common immigration procedure.

Japan faces a high number of visitors with overstay violations, with random checks to verify visitor has proper ID, and legal right to stay--and it stepped up its Immigration restrictions.

Advised to have a prepaid return ticket out of Japan.
by Donaldl rate this post as useful

Re: Entering and getting visa question 2012/7/13 11:09
A return ticket out of Japan would definitively show that you plan on leaving, however I am also of the opinion that you will have no trouble entering the country without one. While they can deny you entry for not having one, Japanese immigration tends not to be very strict with Americans entering Japan and will probably accept your return korean flight as proof that you will eventually be leaving.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread