Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

oita to matsuyama 2012/7/12 21:35
I am doing a round trip starting and ending in Osaka in Sept. After Hiroshima, Fukuoka and Kumamoto I want to get to Matsuyama but it looks as though I will have to get the ferry from Oita to Yawatahama then get a train to Matsuyama. Is this the only ferry route or can you get a long distance ferry that calls in at Matsuyama? Any info or suggestions would be appreciated.
by russellm  

Re: oita to matsuyama 2012/7/13 08:41
There is a night ferry that leaves from northern Kyushu that goes to Mastuyama. You would take a Shinkansen from Kumamoto to Kokura, and then have a 500 meter walk to the ferry port. It's about a seven hour Ferry that leaves about 10PM and arrives about 5PM.

The other ferry to Matsuyama leaves from Hiroshima, and is a day ferry.

Is this the information you wanted?
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

Re: oita to matsuyama 2012/7/13 08:54
There is a night ferry that leaves from northern Kyushu that goes to Mastuyama.

That ferry leaves from Kitakyushu's Kokura Port, which is within walking distance from Kokura Station.

In the past, there was a ferry from Beppu to Matsuyama, but it was discontinued about two years ago.

I think the journey via Yawatahama is your best choice.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: oita to matsuyama 2012/7/13 08:57
thanks for that, I,ll consider leaving Oita out and go to Nagasaki or wherever the shinkansen ends then double back to Kokura to get that ferry to Matsuyama. I guess the fare would be 6-7000 yen
by russellm rate this post as useful

reply to this thread