Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tateyama kurobe alpine route 2012/7/15 00:19
Please some Advice,,can we go to tetayama kurobe alphine route From Ueno station? What should we take? Bus or train? And can we go in One day and back to Ueno station again ? We start From tateyama station or omachi? Teks for the advice

by apue  

Re: Tateyama kurobe alpine route 2012/7/15 10:36
can we go to tetayama kurobe alphine route From Ueno station?

Of course! If you want to do it in a daytrip, you would have to start as early as possible. I recommend to take the Nagano Shinkansen from Ueno to Nagano Station, and from there the bus to Ogizawa at the eastern end of the Alpine Route.

Train timetable:
http://www.hyperdia.com/

Bus timetable:
http://www.alpico.co.jp/access/express/nagano_omachi/

Alpen Route timetable:
http://www.alpen-route.com/english/Access/index4.html

You could then travel the Alpine Route to Tateyama and take trains back to Ueno or return to Ogizawa and travel back to Ueno from there. Make sure to study the timetables well.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Tateyama kurobe alpine route 2012/7/15 10:56
you can definitely due the coarse in one day, as long as you don't spend too much time at one station( and it's not crowded) my suggestion would be to start at tateyama station and end at shinano-omachi which is close to matsumoto city which is closer to Ueno.
by Ali (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tateyama kurobe alpine route 2012/7/15 11:12
The problem with starting from Tateyama is that the first train connection there does not arrive until around 11:30 which is rather late. Especially towards autumn when early sunset hours limit time availability in the afternoon.

If you start from Ogizawa, you can start traveling the route over an hour earlier.

Re: Tateyama kurobe alpine route 2012/7/16 09:36
Thanks to uji and Ali for the Advice,, i also think to start From tateyama station but i also think that it Will be So late to reach tateyama because Arrive Will be 11.30,, but if we start From omachi ITS possible we return back From tateyama station to Ueno not to night? Tks
by apue rate this post as useful

Re: Tateyama kurobe alpine route 2012/7/16 09:57
The journey back to Ueno is no problem from either Tateyama or Omachi. The last connection from Tateyama is around 18:30 and the last connection from Omachi around 19:00. Especially if you travel later during the season, when sunset is early, an early start is more important than a long afternoon.

Re: Tateyama kurobe alpine route 2012/7/18 22:12
Tks uji for the time tabel ,,but After isee it ,, it was in japanese ,,So could you tell me,, is it One way trip include the price for bus+cabe car+ropeway? Or we have to pay theo again? Tks
by apue rate this post as useful

reply to this thread