Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ebino Kogen transport 2012/7/16 12:45
Hi all,
I am trying to plan how I will get around Kirishima when I visit at the end of this year in Dec/January 2013. I

I have found through this forum that two buses leave from Kirishima jingu station at 8:00 and 10:20, stopping at Kirishima shrine and the Takachiho-gawara visitor center, before arriving at Ebino kogen.

I haven't been able to find what time the buses leave from Ebino Kogen - can anyone help me?

I want to see the Kirishima shrine, then hike along the trails from Ebino Kogen to Karakunidake, and then down to Lake Onami, and then I had hoped I could hike from the Takachiho-gawara visitor center to Takachiho-no-mine.

Judging by the public transport (and the fact that Shinmoedake now has a 'No entry zone') is it possible to complete the Visitor Center to Takachiho-no-mine hiking trail along with everything else that day?

Cheers,
Aaron

by Aaron (guest)  

Re: Ebino Kogen transport 2012/7/16 16:49
I haven't been able to find what time the buses leave from Ebino Kogen - can anyone help me?

Daily at 13:00 and 15:30:
http://kirishimakankou.com/index.php

But I recommend to check the timetables once more later this year, because there is a certain risk that they change in the meantime.

The bus only just restarted operation yesterday. It is now running everyday, but a lot of out-of-date websites will still state that it runs only on weekends.

I want to see the Kirishima shrine, then hike along the trails from Ebino Kogen to Karakunidake, and then down to Lake Onami, and then I had hoped I could hike from the Takachiho-gawara visitor center to Takachiho-no-mine.

I am afraid if you study the timetables, you will learn that it will not be possible in a single day by using just public transportation, especially not in winter when days are short. Also, due to eventual snow, the hike to the top of Karakunidake and Takachihonomine might not always be easily possible in winter.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread