Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Help me with my itinerary 2012/7/17 23:25
my first time to go japan,and my flight arrived at 2310 haneda on 7 nov and depart on 2330 15 nov,i have a roughly plan please help to see the possibility.
7 nov spend night at airport or(should i go tokyo downtown instead)
8 nov~hakone~kyoto or(should i spend a night??or worth to take fuji hakone trip?
9~12 kyoto,himeji,nara~tokyo
13~15 tokyo
please suggest on the transportation too,thank you so much!!!
by crystal (guest)  

Re: please help! 2012/7/18 15:45
Hi Crystal

Because you have never visited Japan before, you should slow down your trip speed, or make your field of activities narrower. It's impossible to enjoy Hakone and Kyoto only in one or two days. If you visit Hakone, stay at a nearby hotel in Hakone.

Also, you may fail to catch the last train for central Tokyo on November 7, so staying at a hotel near the airport is highly recommended.

It's a bit difficult even for novice tourists to enjoy Kyoto, Himeji, and Nara only in two or three days.

You will get on a bullet train at least once, but you can not visit Hakone only by bullet train (Of course, you can watch Mt. Fuji from a bullet train window if it's fine).
by dosanko100 rate this post as useful

Re: please help! 2012/7/18 15:53
This itinerary is fast pace, but still doable.

You can catch the high speed rail(Shinkansen) at Shinagawa and Shin-Yokohama station.

Japan Rail Pass(7days) is cheaper than buying individual tickets.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Help me with my itinerary 2012/7/18 15:55
There was a typo in my last answer:

Wrong: novice tourists
Correct: advanced tourists

That is:
It's a bit difficult even for ADVANCED tourists to enjoy Kyoto, Himeji, and Nara only in two or three days.
by dosanko100 rate this post as useful

Re: Help me with my itinerary 2012/7/18 16:30
my flight arrived at 2310 haneda on 7 nov

you might have to plan for staying at airport hotel or at airport (and catch 1st train).

After a dash from Immigration checkpoints, you might have to wait 20-35- mins to claim luggage as the baggage carousel arrives slowly on late flights at Haneda.

Then as a newcomer, after getting tickets and finding train platform however, it will be unlikely you will catch the last train downtown.

Advised to ask fellow passengers for best routes-they are likely long time visitors and frequent passengers on previous late flights from Haneda.
by Donaldl rate this post as useful

Re: Help me with my itinerary 2012/7/18 18:23
thank you so much,everyone!!
so i will catch the 1st train from haneda to shinjuku or tokyo station to get a bus hakone??
any night buses will leave from hakone to kyoto??
by crystal (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Help me with my itinerary 2012/7/18 18:41
From Haneda airport, You can catch a bus or train to Yokohama/Shin-Yokohama/Shinagawa station. From there, you can catch a JR train to Odawara.
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5206.html

From Odawara, Take a shinkansen to Kyoto.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Help me with my itinerary 2012/7/19 19:13
what time is the earlist bus to kawaguchiko from shinjuku?
how to go hakone from kawaguchiko?
where should i get the hakone free pass if i go from kawaguchiko??
by crystal (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread