Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Twinkle Bus Tour August 2012/8/3 15:03
I am arriving Sapporo 15Aug evening. Staying for 3 nights. 1)Would it be possible to book 2 for the next day 16Aug. 2)or can I book it at New Chitose airport upon arrival. Thanks for you advice.
by AT (guest)  

Re: Twinkle Bus Tour August 2012/8/4 10:20
You can purchase Twinkle Bus tickets at the New Chitose Airport JR Information Desk, open until 1900 each day. You have to have a JR Ticket (or any JR pass, but it doesn't cover the cost of the bus) in order to qualify for purchase of the Twinkle bus tickets.

I don't know if same day tickets are available at JR Information desk at Sapporo. Hopefully, someone else will know. I'm sure you are aware that Twinkle buses don't depart from Sapporo, so you'll have to take a train to wherever the start is.

Dale
by Oenophile Angler rate this post as useful

Re: Twinkle Bus Tour August 2012/8/6 21:39
Thank you Angler. I tried Yokoso Tour for their day tour to the lavender field, but there were no tour during the Obon.Which is why we have to figure out ourselves. Anyone can advise as we love to see the beautiful lavender field of Furano and Biel. Thanks for your kind advice.
by AT (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Twinkle Bus Tour August 2012/8/6 23:44
Consider the following if you are looking for a bus tour to Furano and Biei from Sapporo.

http://www.chuo-bus.co.jp/sightseeing.en/stsg_p1.php

The only concern is whether the lavender would still be blooming by mid August. Normally the best time is during July. Early August is still fine, just hope by the time of your visit they will still be there. Anyway you will see lots of colourful flowers and Farm Tomita has a greenhouse where lavender grows year round.
by William5 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread