Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Alpine route and kurobe gorge in mid Nov? 2012/9/4 02:19
Hi,

We would like to visit the alpine route and kurobe gorge during this coming mid nov. We hope to catch the autumn in these 2 places but i wonder if we are too late?

After that we will be visiting toyama and kanazawa before heading towards kyoto. Should we make tateyama our base? Or shd we stay in one night 8each in the 3 cities? And what are some good n budget hotels recommendation(around 7000yen/night)?

Thank you.
by kim110913  

Re: Alpine route and kurobe gorge in mid Nov? 2012/9/4 09:26
It is difficult to pin-point the extra time for koyo with the unpredictable weather these days. But under normal condition autumn foliage season would have ended up in the Alpine Route by mid Nov. For Kurobe Gorge it is approaching the end of the season as well. We didn't go for koyo in the Alpine Route but did go for the railway ride in Kurobe Gorge during mid Nov. Though there is still some koyo to be enjoyed it had already past its prime. Late Oct to early Nov would be a better time, IMO.
by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: Alpine route and kurobe gorge in mid Nov? 2012/9/4 20:57
Oh T.T I think I shd wait for the 1st autumn report for this year n make a rough estimation. Regarding the hotels, do u have any recommendation?

Thank you.
by kim110913 rate this post as useful

Re: Alpine route and kurobe gorge in mid Nov? 2012/9/5 01:23
In Toyama and Kanazawa we stayed at the following hotels.

Choice Hotel, Toyama
http://www.choice-hotels.jp/cftoyaek/

Manten Hotel, Kanazawa
http://kanazawa.manten-hotel.com/

by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: Alpine route and kurobe gorge in mid Nov? 2013/3/23 23:57
Thanks all for your reply. Would I be able to see autumn foliage in Nagano. Tentative date is from 15 Nov - 1 Dec this year.
by kim110913 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread