Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Help for northern Kyushu itinerary 2012/10/3 14:29
Hi I need help for my kyushu free & easy trip in Nov.

3 days (Oita)
3 days (Beppu)
3 days (fukuoka)

Which JR pass or transport system is recommended to move around these places?
by rilakkuma1979  

Re: Help for northern Kyushu itinerary 2012/10/6 07:36
I'm not sure on how you are planning to reach Oita. But between Oita Airport and Beppu, there is a bus which takes about 40 mins and cost about 1500 yen one way.

Between Beppu and Fukuoka, there is a highway bus (2.5 hours, 3100 yen) or trains (about 2 hours, 5500 yen). If you are planning a return trip however, you can get train tickets for only 6000 yen (both ways).

More info can be found here: http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e4705.html
by Taiakun rate this post as useful

Re: Help for northern Kyushu itinerary 2012/10/6 10:32
Hi Taiakun, thank you for your reply. I have included more details here. I am arriving and departing from Fukuoka airport. I plan to use Hakata as my sightseeing base, 1st night in hakata, then take a JR train to Oita(3nights), thereafter Beppu(2nights) and lastly return to Hakata(2nights). Will JR pass northern kyushu be feasible during my planned itinerary? Should i get the 5D/3D pass? Hope someone can advise me:)
by rilakkuma1979 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Help for northern Kyushu itinerary 2012/10/6 21:00
It sounds like the 6000 yen nimai kippu between Fukuoka and Beppu will be cheaper than the 9000 yen 5 day pass.

Local trains between Beppu and Oita cost only 270 yen one way.
by kasasagi (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread