Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hiking Daisetsuzan Park on end of oct 2012/10/5 23:40
I'll be in hokkaido on the last days of october,28-31 dec. I wish to take a day to enjoy Daisetsuzan National Park. But i'm finding limited information on it.

Would it be possible to hike without special gear? I'm afraid it'll be too cold..

Also would it be advisable to stay in Sounkyo or would i be able to make it back to sapporo in the same day?

Would it be

TIA
by chertan (guest)  

Re: Hiking Daisetsuzan Park on end of oct 2012/10/6 10:25
The higher elevations of the national park will be covered in snow, and hiking is not possible anymore (at least not with advanced mountaineering experience and equipment).

In the lower elevations, it will still be possible to walk along some of the trails. However, the best trails are still in the higher elevations.

As for temperatures, they do not pose a problem as long as you bring appropriate clothing.

Also would it be advisable to stay in Sounkyo or would i be able to make it back to sapporo in the same day?

I recommend an overnight stay, although a day trip is also theoretically possible, although rushed. It also depends on what and how much you want to see.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread