Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

April 2013 itinerary 2012/10/11 15:11
Hi,

I'm planning a trip to tokyo and I have done a little itinerary :

Arrive in Tokyo 11 April 2013
11-14 April Tokyo Tour
15 April Mt Fuji
16 April Takayama and stay for the night(Spring Festival)
17 April Toyama and return to Tokyo(Alpine route)
18 April Kusatsu Onsen and Stay for the night
19 April Kawagoe and return to Tokyo
20 April Kamakura and Yokohama
21 April leave Tokyo

Just wondering if anyone can comment if this itinerary is okay and whether I should purchase JR East pass or JR Kanto Pass

Appreciate your answer.

Thanks

Jon
by Jon (guest)  

Re: April 2013 itinerary 2012/10/11 19:58
Note that the Takayama spring festival is held on April 14-15, not April 16.

As for the Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route, though this year it was open on April 17 it may differ each year. So be sure to monitor the opening dates for 2013 just to make sure it is open during your time of visit.
by William5 rate this post as useful

... 2012/10/11 20:19
It is a very fast pace overall.

15 April Mt Fuji

Where do you mean when you say "Mt Fuji"? Kawaguchiko or Hakone?

16 April Takayama and stay for the night(Spring Festival)

Book accommodation well in advance. Access to Takayama may be tricky depending on above and you may have to book the bus well in advance if you come in via Matsumoto.

17 April Toyama and return to Tokyo(Alpine route)

You will have to start very early and take the first train from Takayama to Toyama. Note that even this doesn't arrive at Toyama until 10am. Also, you may be too early for Murudo but it might depend.
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e7550.html

I probably wouldn't bother returning to Tokyo on 17 Apr. Maybe overnight in Matsumoto and see the castle in the morning before leaving for Kusatsu. You can go Matsumoto to Karuizawa and take the bus to Kusatsu, or go via Naganoharakusatsuguchi.
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e7403.html

18 April Kusatsu Onsen and Stay for the night
19 April Kawagoe and return to Tokyo

Ok.

20 April Kamakura and Yokohama

I'd probably move this to somewhere around April 13 to just break up your long trips everywhere.

purchase JR East pass or JR Kanto Pass

I think JR Kanto plus lots of individual may be the cheapest option but probably worth recalculating and checking once you work out the final itinerary.

I'd probably consider moving the Mt Fuji overnight to in the middle of the Tokyo stay to assist with transport, but it depends where you mean.

Enjoy your trip!
by GC3 rate this post as useful

... 2012/10/11 20:20
William5 is correct on the dates for Takayama too of course, so that will complicate things further.
by GC3 rate this post as useful

Re: April 2013 itinerary 2012/10/12 14:39
I'd move Kamakura up so you can experience the Kamakura festival, too.

http://www.jnto.go.jp/eng/location/spot/festival/kamakura.html
by Kat (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread