Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Takayama 2013 Autumn Matsuri 2012/10/12 19:22
1. 2013 Matsuri dates known ?
2. Is Autumn Matsuri as busy as April, ie: need to book hotels months in advance, if so would choose to stay in either Hirayu onsen or Hida shi. We will be renting a car but will parking during the Autumn Matsuri be a big problem for day visitors ?
3. Would like to plan trip to coincide with koyo in Shin Hotaka, usually what is the best time for koyo in Hotaka mountains ?
4. I've heard that some of the hotels/ryokans near Mount Hotaka have great views of the mountains from their rotenburos but I don't know which ones, could anyone recommend ? Our budget is around 15,000 yen per person including 2 meals. Accomdations not so important as the food + the view from the rotenburo. We have stayed in ryokans where the decor is v nice and expensive but elsewhere, we have stayed in Minshukus where the decor is ok but the food was great--would prefer this if possible.
5. Been to Takayama before in summer and Shirakawago in February but never been to Hida-shi, is there much to see/do there that time of year ?
6. Seems to remember reading somewhere there are fireworks around that time in the vicinity of Takayama (Hirayu onsen ??) although I could be wrong.
7. When will Kamikochi close for the Winter of 2013 ?
8. Can one fly from Haneda to Matsumoto or Nagano, if not whiche is the airport nearest Takayama from Haneda ?
9. If we fly to Komatsu airport. will we be able to drive along the skyline route across the mountains to Shirakawago or is that road closed that time or year ? If not closed, will the scenery be nice that time of year ?
Thanks so much and sorry for so many questions and trying to squeeze in as much as possible into this trip.
by CC (guest)  

Re: Takayama 2013 Autumn Matsuri 2012/10/13 06:59
1. That's the same each year, October 9th/10th
2. Yes, you need to book accommodation far in advance. Likely you would have to park far away from the festival. If staying in Hida it would be much better to take a train.
3.Around the festival time should be fine for autumn foliage in Kamikochi
4. 5. don't know
6. would be a strange time for fireworks, but who knows...
7. Japan Guide says November 15
8. Likely the closest you could fly to would be Komatsu airport (Kanazawa), but ground transport makes much more sense to me and is likely quicker and cheaper than flying.
9. no idea
by Jensij rate this post as useful

reply to this thread