Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hiroshima Tram Pass 2012/10/13 20:20
I'll be in Hiroshima for 2 days next year and was wondering how to get the 2 day tram pass that includes ferry to Miyajima. This sight mentions that flat rate per tram ride that is paid as you leave the tram but only says that a 1 day and 2 day pass is available. Where do I get the pass and how do you use it? Also I've read the Suica cards are valid on JR trains in Osaka and Kyoto but can the card be used on non JR trains in the area or is it best to get an ICOCA card even though I already have a Suica card?
by Jman (guest)  

Re: Hiroshima Tram Pass 2012/10/14 08:48
Actually, we will be in Hiroshima over xmas, so it's a good question.

I think this link has the answers: http://hiroden.co.jp/en/ecotickets.html

The 2 day pass includes Miyajima Ropeway admission.

Please note that this pass is not associated with JR, so the ferry admission is for the competing company, not the JR ferry.

Also includes free lunch for one day.
by tequilatamm rate this post as useful

Re: Hiroshima Tram Pass 2012/10/14 08:53
Hiroshima tram economical ticket
http://www.hiroden.co.jp/en/ecotickets.html

Suica can be used on JR lines in Hiroshima area.
by cc (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hiroshima Tram Pass 2012/10/15 07:14
I just visited Hiroshima earlier this month... I saw 1 day passes on sale at a ticket window at the main tram terminal right in front of Hiroshima train station (I believe south exit). I'm guessing it's the same pass you're referring to. The tram terminal is very small... basically just a tram stop, so just head there and you'll be able to buy your passes.
by Smithers rate this post as useful

Re: Hiroshima Tram Pass 2012/10/15 08:34
Thanks for your help. I'll have a JR Pass. My question about the Suica card was about the non-JR trains in Osaka and Kyoto, basically the entire Kansai region. Do Ineed an ICOCA card or will my Suica card work? I heard they were being integrated but I'm no sure when. I'll be in Japan in April if that's helpful. Also, if I use the JR ferry do I need to get a ticket with my pass or do I just show my pass before boarding?

One more question, is 2 days in Hiroshima too much? I'm only interested in seeing Miyajima, Peace Park, and Hiroshima castle, maybe do a little souvenir shopping. Would a day trip from Osaka be enough? Would it be doable if I left Osaka early in the morning?
by Jman (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hiroshima Tram Pass 2012/10/15 08:51
In spring 2013. Exact date not announced yet.
http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+91750
by cc (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hiroshima Tram Pass 2012/10/15 09:01
I am not entirely sure whether Suica will become usable on the Hiroshima trams even after spring 2013. The situation becomes complicated when third parties are involved that do not belong to the major IC card operators, such as Hiroden.

Also, if I use the JR ferry do I need to get a ticket with my pass or do I just show my pass before boarding?

You show your pass at the ticket gate in the Miyajima ferry pier.

One more question, is 2 days in Hiroshima too much? I'm only interested in seeing Miyajima, Peace Park, and Hiroshima castle, maybe do a little souvenir shopping.

It depends on your preferred pace of travel. I could easily spend an entire day on Miyajima, hiking the mountain and exploring the town in detail. But other tourists are content with just seeing Itsukushima Shrine in a 2-hour visit. Likewise, some people spend hours inspecting the peace museum and monuments around the park, while others walk through in under an hour.

If you feel you belong to the latter type of travelers, two full days are likely to be too much. But for slower travelers, I think that two days is a good time allocation for Hiroshima and Miyajima.

Would a day trip from Osaka be enough?

Many people do it.

Would it be doable if I left Osaka early in the morning?

Yes.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread