Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR Pass Tokyo- Kyoto-Osaka worth it? 2012/10/14 03:39
Hi,

I plan to go to Japan for 7 days in December but mostly stay in Tokyo. I was thinking of going to Kyoto for 1-2 day and Osaka for 1 day and the rest in Tokyo. So I am not sure if it is worth to buy JR Pass (while it's more expansive but time-saving, Bus Pass is cheaper but more time-consuming). I hope you can give me some advice about this.
by totoro345  

Re: JR Pass Tokyo- Kyoto-Osaka worth it? 2012/10/14 08:46
A 7-day Japan Rail Pass costs about the same as regular shinkansen tickets for a round trip between Tokyo and Kyoto/Osaka. It is not clear from your post whether you will do that or not. If you do it within 7 days, a 7-day pass is worth considering. If you don't, it's not.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: JR Pass Tokyo- Kyoto-Osaka worth it? 2012/10/14 08:56
See "Does the Japan Rail Pass pay off?" section
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361.html
by cc (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR Pass Tokyo- Kyoto-Osaka worth it? 2012/10/15 23:49
Thanks a lot. I was calculating the daily fares if I go from Tokyo to Kyoto then Osaka and come back to Tokyo. You're right, it's about the same as the JR Pass. I guess having JR Pass is more convenient since I won't have to worry about buying tickets everyday. Thanks for your advice. It's really helpful :D
by totoro345 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread