Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

ANA Experience Japan Fare Tkt Number 2012/10/14 11:13
I am from Australia and have purchased flights to Japan. I would love to use the ANA Experience Japan promotion to book domestic flights in Japan. The only problem is my itinerary for my international flights does not show a 13 digit ''e-ticket'' number. All i have is a 6 digit booking reference. I am flying international with Jetstar.

What would I include in the box that asks for 13 digit international ticket number?

Really appreciate any help!
by MelLeigh (guest)  

Re: ANA Experience Japan Fare Tkt Number 2012/10/14 12:35
The ticket number should be on your e-ticket not your itinerary at least that's the way it works in the US....
by Maranyc rate this post as useful

Re: ANA Experience Japan Fare Tkt Number 2012/10/14 21:12
I'm in Australia and have some experience in the travel industry.

Flight tickets usually have two numbers... a 6 digit number consisting of numbers/letters, often called a "PNR" but sometimes with budget carriers such as Jetstar and Virgin Australia, that suffices as a "ticket number" too.

The second number, consisting all of numbers, no letters, is the ticket number they are probably looking for. They are 13 digits, although for most things you need only quote the last10 digits.

I'm not actually sure if Jetstar uses 13 digit ticket numbers or if they only use the 6 digit numbers. I've never seen a 13 digit number associated with a Jetstar or Virgin ticket, actually... you might want to call and ask them, or talk to ANA and see if you can provide a shorter ticket number.
by tequilatamm rate this post as useful

Re: ANA Experience Japan Fare Tkt Number 2012/10/14 21:17
I had a quick look on an international Jetstar ticket, and it looks like they only use the 6 digit PNR style numbers.

There should be two, however... one will be the Jetstar booking reference, and the other will be the ticket number, which may be referred to as the GDS reference or something like that. It will probably be this one they are looking for, although in both cases these numbers will be 6 digit.
by tequilatamm rate this post as useful

Re: ANA Experience Japan Fare Tkt Number 2012/10/14 23:18
Is Jetstar part of Star Alliance? Doesn't it have to be in order for ANA to grant discounted domestic flights?

I only fly Japan Airlines to Japan and I know its website has a similar program but it states that one has to fly to Japan and back on either JAL or its alliance partners.

I don't know if this is the same condition ANA has given. I did a preliminary search and couldn't find Jetstar on the list of member, member affiliates and non-member affiliates....
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: ANA Experience Japan Fare Tkt Number 2012/10/14 23:23
Upon further research, I did find this is not the same as JAL's program....

http://www.japantoday.com/category/travel/view/ana-launches-experience...
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: ANA Experience Japan Fare Tkt Number 2012/10/15 04:57
Sorry for my non-helpful post above but thanks for mentioning this fare which I had not heard about - if they extend it to the Spring of 2013 it will benefit me. :)
by Maranyc rate this post as useful

Re: ANA Experience Japan Fare Tkt Number 2012/10/22 12:26
MelLeigh, why don't you just call up Jetstar to give u a 13 digit ticket number? It should be normal for all tickets across the airline industry.

It'll be easier than having to call ANA in Japan, since they don't serve Australia.

I too am on the same boat, I'm going to buy a Jetstar ticket to Japan for this December and already started to reserve the ANA domestic tickets when I was stumped at the 13 digit ticket number.

In my case my fiance is Japanese and an ANA member so I'll get her to call lol :p

Cheers ^.^
by RJ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: ANA Experience Japan Fare Tkt Number 2012/11/25 16:54
I have the same problem with booking my internal flights via ANA Experiece japan web. Did this 13 digit number ever get provided by Jetstar?
by Kev78 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread