Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Summer in Japan 2012/10/15 18:16
Hi there,

I'm planning a trip to Japan either in 7 June or 10 July onwards for about 4 days (stopover before going to US).

I know its short but commitments are commitments. Any how, I will be bringing a couple of pals around town. Probably a bit of Tokyo plus an onsen with a view of Fuji-san or Kyoto and a bit of Nara/Koya-san.

I only have one fear- The rainy season. How bad is it? E.g. Would Fushimi Inari be closed (slippery to climb, or Ryoan-ji garden lose its zen-ness?

If so, I might shift my focus to Tokyo not Kyoto. I.e shopping in Shibuya is possible in rain.

If its only slightly bad (not raining half the time), I might do a bit of indoors/outdoors [Kyoto + Osaka]

Thanks,
Joshua
by joshua (guest)  

Re: Summer in Japan 2012/10/15 18:24
How bad is it?

Its not that bad unless there is a typhoon. But those are more easily avoided.

E.g. Would Fushimi Inari be closed (slippery to climb, or Ryoan-ji garden lose its zen-ness?

Fushimi Inari never closes, and Ryoan-ji is arguably even more Zen in the rain.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Summer in Japan 2012/10/15 18:32
Rainy season will not start by June 7 or it's just beginning of it in the worst case. From the end of golden week(early May) to the beginning of rainy season is the best time to visit Japan, warm enough but not hot.

On the other hand, July 10 is usually the peak of the rainy season. So June 7 is recommended.
by cc (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Summer in Japan 2012/10/15 19:26
As yllwsmrf pointed, Ryoan-ji will be more Zen in the rain, because there is very crowded if it's fine.

In any event, Japanese rainy season is very humid and muggy, if it's not rain.
I love Japan, but I hate this season.(x_x;)
by ajapaneseboy rate this post as useful

Re: Summer in Japan 2012/10/16 12:51
I love you guys!!
Thanks for everything!
by joshua (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread