Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Best area to stay in Tokyo with child 2012/10/16 13:46
Can I please check which will be the BEST area to stay for a family with a young child? Easy access to night action (not night clubbing, disco dancing stuff), shopping, dinner etc? Have received mixed opinion on this, is Asakusa a nice place for this? We only have budget for hotel charging USD120 a night I think Shinjuku, Shibuya area will be out of reach?
by weekf  

Re: Best area to stay in Tokyo with child 2012/10/17 01:03
I believe your budget will limit you to Asakusa/Taito-ku/Ueno areas.

These are hardly "action" places in the evening with rather few shopping opportunities. You won't be starving though as there are plenty dinner choices.

Perhaps staying in a "boring" part of Tokyo in the evening and taking trains in the evening to get somewhere else could be an option for you. Shinjuku/Shibuya are some 30 minutes away, Ginza is closer.
by Jensij rate this post as useful

Re: Best area to stay in Tokyo with child 2012/10/17 08:39
So I take it the best place to stay to have night action/eatery will be Shinjuku/Shibuya area?
by weekf (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Best area to stay in Tokyo with child 2012/10/17 08:53
hmmm, I didnt much like Shinjuku at all though it might have been the area that we were in (at the Hyatt). I far preferred Shiba Park, though it is a bit out of the way and a different demographic. I liked Ueno too, but I havent stayed there.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread