Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Overnight bus from Kyoto to Kawaguchiko 2012/10/20 07:22
Hello! I am trying to find an English friendly way to book an overnight bus from Kyoto to Kawaguchiko for the evening of April 13, 2013. I checked out the Kintetsu Bus website but couldn't figure out exactly how to ascertain the correct route. I would really appreciate if someone knows how to do this ... thanks a lot, friends! :)
by Heidi (guest)  

Re: Overnight bus from Kyoto to Kawaguchiko 2012/10/20 10:17
The bus route is cooperated by Kintetsu and Fujikyu. To my knowledge, neither company is currently offering an English friendly way to reserve the bus. Furthermore, they do not seem to operate a ticket counter at Kyoto Station.

I would try to phone and see whether they have an English speaker.
Fujikyu: 0555-72-2922
Kintetsu: 06-6772-1631
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Overnight bus from Kyoto to Kawaguchiko 2012/10/20 10:24
Thank you, Uji! I appreciate the assistance. Looks like I'll be making a phone call, probably sometime tonight ... thanks again!
by Heidi Gear (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2012/10/20 10:43
If you are trying to save money and don't mind some inconvenience it may be cheaper and easier to take an overnight bus from Kyoto to Tokyo and then just take the normal highway bus from Tokyo to Kawaguchiko.
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2363.html
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6905.html

Enjoy your trip!
by GC3 rate this post as useful

Re: Overnight bus from Kyoto to Kawaguchiko 2012/10/20 11:43
http://transportation.fujikyu.co.jp/english/gettinghere/04.html#pgm05

According to the above webpage, it seems that for a service fee you can buy boarding tickets from agencies like JTB, Nippon Travel Agency or KNT.

When we took the bus from Shinjuku to Kawaguchi-ko, our hotel in Tokyo helped us reserve our seats over the phone. Hopefully you hotel in Kyoto can also help. The only concern is that (as Uji has pointed out) there is no ticket counter in Kyoto station and whether a phone reservation is good enough to get you onboard the bus. We also went during April and on the day of travel the bus was not full. How busy is the overnight bus I can't really say.

Perhaps you can make an enquiry to the Fujikyu Bus Group. Their email address is
traffic@fujikyu.co.jp

by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: Overnight bus from Kyoto to Kawaguchiko 2012/10/20 15:01
Note also that seat reservations are possible from just one month ahead of travel date.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Overnight bus from Kyoto to Kawaguchiko 2012/10/21 01:35
Thank you so much for the info. I had mentally written off taking the "long way" up to Tokyo and then back over to Kawaguchiko, but it actually looks like it might be easier on the pocketbook and to book the Willer Bus in English. As noted, I hate having to wait until a month in advance to book a ticket ... I like to get everything done well ahead of time :)

Thank you SO much everyone for your feedback, this is exactly what was needed to make the decision!!
by Heidi Gear (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Overnight bus from Kyoto to Kawaguchiko 2013/9/4 13:19
Your trip has been and gone but for future reference Kintetsu has a ticket office at Kyoto JR station by kintetsu train platforms opposite Shinkansen central station. If you go in and turn right walking far side you will find a separate booking information and ticket seller for kintetsu buses. I am sure you can book this bus there.

Failing that I would just ring to go all the way to Tokyo by bus and the get another bus which is by far a short distance seems to me to be overkill. You just need to ask in a simple Japanese phrase if they speak English if not wait until you are in Japan and ask a concierge. People in Japan are super helpful. Remember you are ringing a transport company and therefore likely to be contacted by tourists. Which all means your chance of getting someone who can at least book your ticket in English is highly likely but you perhaps more difficult to find someone who can have an in depth philosophical debate.
by CalPKyoto rate this post as useful

reply to this thread