Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Buying Kintetsu Rail Pass at Nagoya Station 2012/10/21 00:44
Hi! I have read info about Kintetsu Rail Pass and find it as the most economical way to travel along from Nagoya to Osaka. However, as I read, I found that the ticket must be bought before you arrive, or you can get the ticket at KIX or Centrair.

As I will arrive in Narita airport, and depart from KIX, there is no chance I can buy the ticket at the airports. Though JTB offices in my country do sell the ticket, but they only have the Wide version.

My question is, are there any other place that I can get Kintetsu Rail Pass (the 3700 yen version)? I will be traveling from Tokyo to Nagoya, so it would be nice to know if I could get the ticket in Nagoya.

Thank you. And I hope to hear from you soon!
by Somisorange  

Re: Buying Kintetsu Rail Pass at Nagoya Station 2012/10/21 11:09
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying Kintetsu Rail Pass at Nagoya Station 2012/10/21 12:02
the ticket must be bought before you arrive, or you can get the ticket at KIX or Centrair.

Yes. And it seems that authorized travel agencies in south-eastern Asia are handling the wide version only.
- http://www.kintetsu.co.jp/foreign/english/useful/ticket/rpw1-1.html#2

I have read info about Kintetsu Rail Pass and find it as the most economical way to travel along from Nagoya to Osaka.

If the only purpose is traveling along from Nagoya to Osaka, you can save only 450 yen with the 3700-yen version compared to a regular Kintetsu rail cost, which is 4150 yen to get from Kintetsu Nagoya to Osaka Namba if you take a direct Urban Liner on a reserved seat.

The 3700-yen version does not cover an airport access. A regular Nankai rail cost to get from Namba to Kansai-airport is 1390 yen if you take a direct Ltd. Express Rapi:t on a on a reserved seat.
Logically you can travel along Nagoya -- Osaka -- KIX at 5090 yen, so a 5700-yen wide version cannot pay off unless you use it also on another way, for example in a roundtrip to Nara.

The wide version comes with a set of airport access tickets to get from and to Centrair / KIX, which you can use outside the valid term of 5 days. Even with an airport access ticket, a ride on a Ltd. Express Rapi:t requires 500 yen as a service charge.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Buying Kintetsu Rail Pass at Nagoya Station 2012/10/22 01:25
Thank you guest and omotenashi-san.

At first, I was thinking about getting the regular ticket because I will be traveling around the early weeks of November, which the dates are not covered by the WIDE version.

I have re-checked Kintetsu website you gave again and found that the WIDE version is valid until October 2013!! I thought it is only valid until October 2012. Silly me.

My first thought was to get a regular 3700-yen ticket, and travel along the way to Osaka. I wanted to make stops in Ise, stay in Nara, and stay Kyoto(Arashiyama) before ending my trip in Osaka.

Also, I'm still deciding whether I should base in Osaka and make day-trips to Nara and Kyoto or not.

Since the Kintetsu Rail Pass would cover all the trips I planned above, so I think it is worth to try.

If the WIDE version is valid until next year, then I think I can book it from travel agent in my country.

Thank you so much for all your help :)
by Somisorange rate this post as useful

Re: Buying Kintetsu Rail Pass at Nagoya Station 2013/2/14 13:49
I didn't know where to find this info then kbaoom it was here.
by Anthony (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread