Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kamuiwakkayu Falls Onsen Etiquette 2012/10/23 18:45
Hi, I am not sure if we should follow the standard onsen rules at Kamuiwakkayu Falls?

Or bathing suits are required?

Kindly enlighten!

Tks!
MH
by mengahoy  

Re: Kamuiwakkayu Falls Onsen Etiquette 2012/10/23 18:49
Due to the danger of falling rocks, it is not possible to visit the bath these days. Only the lower part is open to the public, which is not suitable for bathing:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6851.html

Back when it was still open and when I went, everybody was using bathing suits, but there are no etiquette rules posted anywhere.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Kamuiwakkayu Falls Onsen Etiquette 2012/10/23 18:55
Thank you Uji, I did not realised that the lower basin for Kamuiwakkayu is not suitable for bathing...

How about Seseki and Aidomari Onsen at Rausu? Bathing suits required too?

Tks
MH
by mengahoy rate this post as useful

Re: Kamuiwakkayu Falls Onsen Etiquette 2012/10/23 19:14
I did not realised that the lower basin for Kamuiwakkayu is not suitable for bathing...

There isn't a big basin, and the water is just lukewarm.

How about Seseki and Aidomari Onsen at Rausu? Bathing suits required too?

I think bathing suits are not good manner at Aidomari Onsen as it is gender separated, although I found a website that states that bathing suits are okay. It seems that many people use a bathing suit at Seseki Onsen, so it seems to be okay to use bathing suits. Unless it is clearly written that bathing suits are required, bathing naked is the default in Japan. And I don't think it is explicitly mentioned at any of the three baths.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread