Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kurobe Gorge 2012/10/28 11:02
I will be in Toyama for one night on April 23rd and wondering whether I should visit Kurobe Gorge. Previously someone already said that it is not as nice as autumn but it is just a pity to be so near yet not visiting. What I'd like to know is since the train route is only opened up till Sasadaira during that time, does this part of the journey have spectacular views? Or the nicer views are deeper into the gorge? I read that the view from Atobiki-bashi Bridge is one of the best in this area. Is this bridge located in the open route during my visit?

I know with no autumn leaves it won't be so nice, but as long as I get to see beautiful ravines and streams...
by Melanie Putra  

Re: Kurobe Gorge 2012/10/29 10:36
What I'd like to know is since the train route is only opened up till Sasadaira during that time, does this part of the journey have spectacular views?

Yes, some of the more spectacular views are actually toward the gorge entrance where it is wider and you can see further.

I read that the view from Atobiki-bashi Bridge is one of the best in this area. Is this bridge located in the open route during my visit?

Yes, the trains go one station past Atobibi Bridge. Don't forget to check out Kuronagi Onsen while you're there. Its definitely one of the highlights of the gorge.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread