Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Icoca & Haruka package 2012/10/28 18:29
Hi, if i travel from Kansai airport to Osaka & then return from Kyoto to Kansai airpot, I can purchase the Icoca & Haruka package at Yen4000 for return transfer right? How about child price?
My trip is in November 2012.
by alan2525  

Re: Icoca & Haruka package 2012/10/28 19:38
I can purchase the Icoca & Haruka package at Yen4000 for return transfer right?

Right!

How about child price?

There is no child version. 12+ years pay adult fare. Children below 6 travel for free. Children 6-12 can get a child version Icoca card and pay the child fare for the Haruka, but there is no discount package that combines Icoca and Haruka for children.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Icoca & Haruka package 2012/10/29 01:00
If you travel from and return to Kansai-airport within 14 days, an ICOCA & HARUKA package can be a good choice.
- http://www.jr-odekake.net/en/icoca-haruka/

Note that a Haruka does not stop at Osaka Station.
Depending on the location in Osaka City, you will get off your Haruka train at Tennoji.
Unless you turn back or exit the designated area, your ticket in the I' & H' package will be valid even after changing trains.

How about child price?

How old will the child be at the time of the ride?

A child who has not reached 6 can board a train in a non-reservation car without fees.
If he/she who has not reached 6 and an adult shares one reserved seat, he/she can board a Haruka train without fees.
However, if he/she solely uses a reserved seat in a Haruka train, both a base fare and a Ltd. Express charge are required even for an infant.

Basically the child rate is the half of the adult rate.
Child fees applied to those who have not reached 12 are like the following.
(These fees might apply also to elementary schools pupils of 12 years old.)
Kansai-airport -- Shin-Osaka
: Child base fare is 660 yen.
: Child Ltd. Express charge is 570 yen without reservation / 630 to 830 yen with reservation.
Kyoto -- Kansai-airport
: Child base fare is 910 yen.
: Child Ltd. Express charge is 570 yen without reservation / 630 to 830 yen with reservation.

A Ltd. Express charge is not collected via ICOCA system; you will buy a separate Haruka ticket for the child.
You can try making seat reservation and buying tickets for the two Haruka trains together.
Child ICOCA cards are available only at person-to-person counters; some individual information on the holder child needs to be notified when you get one.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Correction: typos 2012/10/29 01:05
For grammatical correctness, I repelace "shares" by "share" and "schools" by "school."
by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Icoca & Haruka package 2012/10/29 14:31
Thank you so much for your prompt reply.
I will disembark at Tennoji Station to take subway to Tanimachi 4 cho-mae, I can use ICOCO card for the subway right?
The ICOCO card also can be use in Kyoto for most of the trains except certain JR right?
The fare will be deducted from the card value amount of Yen1500 and unused balance can be refunded?
Btw, I will driving to Takayama (Shirakawago & Shin-Hotakaso ropeway) for 3D2N from Osaka & back to Kyoto, hope is not tough to drive during mid Nov. Any snow?
by alan2525 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread