Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Takao-san trails 2012/10/31 19:04
Hi all,

The weather looks good for this weekend, and therefore I am planning to do a day-hike at Takao-san (even though it is a bit early for the famous Autumn colours).

Looking on the websites, it seems there are six trails, plus the Panoramic Ridge Trail. Has anybody completed any of these, and if so, which ones are recommended? I'm quite sure it will be busy with all the Tokyoites, but which trails are likely to be a little less crowded?

Many thanks,

Rich :)
by richinjapan  

Re: Takao-san trails 2012/11/1 08:38
http://www.takaotozan.co.jp/takaotozan_eng1/cource/index.htm
We went from the cable car station along track 2 (blue) to get to track 4 (purple), looped track 5 (orange) then back to the cable car area via track 1 (red). I really liked track 4 because it was unsealed and went along a scenic route. Track 1 is more like a road. I don't know how busy you'll find it, as we didn't go this time of year. We didn't have time to do longer trails either, but were there for about half a day.
by Sal1980 rate this post as useful

Re: Takao-san trails 2012/11/1 22:58
Hi! I would like to tap on to this topic..

Is Takao san suitable if I am just a normal visitor, without any intention to hike/trek? Just would like to have a good look at the autumn colours with comfortable walks.. Are the paths safe? Ideally, how long should I be there?

Thank you!
by waisky (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Takao-san trails 2012/11/1 23:09
You'll be fine. Look at the link in my previous post. The FAQ section and trail info covers your questions.
by Sal1980 rate this post as useful

Re: Takao-san trails 2012/11/2 02:57
Route 6 is my favourite. Good walk and through natural environment, so no stairs or footpaths. You follow the stream for wee while and the scenery is good.

And it is totally suitable for a visit if you just want to do a short walk and take the cable car or have a little look round without hiking. A couple of hours is good length of time.
by HeyHera (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Takao-san trails 2012/11/2 02:58
Route 6 is my favourite. Good walk and through natural environment, so no stairs or footpaths. You follow the stream for wee while and the scenery is good.

And it is totally suitable for a visit if you just want to do a short walk and take the cable car or have a little look round without hiking. A couple of hours is good length of time.
by HeyHera (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread