Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR train from Shintoku to Tomamu 2012/11/6 09:58
Hi

Need your kind help. I will be travelling with my family from Shintoku to Tomamu on Dec 23. I have checked that this is only one train stop. The non-reserve ticket is only 620Yen and the reserved ticket is 620Y +1110 Yen.

Just want to check usually at this period,

1. Will the train be full for the non-reserved cabin?
2. Should I buy a reserved seat ticket?
3. Is it advisable for me to buy the tickets 2 days earlier?
4. Also if I were to reach Tomamu early morning at 10am, what are the activities you will recommend because the check in time is about 3pm.

Thank you in advance!!
by hippolilo  

Re: JR train from Shintoku to Tomamu 2012/11/6 10:44
1. Will the train be full for the non-reserved cabin?

Probably not

2. Should I buy a reserved seat ticket?

I wouldn't bother, unless you are travelling with someone who absolutely must sit down along the 20-25 min journey.

3. Is it advisable for me to buy the tickets 2 days earlier?

Unnecessary for non-reserved tickets, but it wouldn't hurt if do plan to travel reserved.

4. Also if I were to reach Tomamu early morning at 10am, what are the activities you will recommend because the check in time is about 3pm.

That's enough time for a full day of skiing. Or you could visit the onsen or indoor pool.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: JR train from Shintoku to Tomamu 2012/11/6 17:12
Thanks Yllwsmrf

Is there any bus from Tomamu to Rera outlet at minami chitose? Thanks..
by hippolilo rate this post as useful

Re: JR train from Shintoku to Tomamu 2012/11/6 23:34
There is bus connection between Tomamu and New Chitose Airport.
http://www.snowtomamu.jp/access/

From New Chitose Airport there are free shuttle bus going to the Rera Outlet Mall.
http://www.outlet-rera.com/access/s_bus.html#detail

by William5 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread