Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Rail pass in Osaka & Kyoto 2012/11/8 15:56
we'll hv family trip ( 2adults 2 children) to Osaka & Kyoto end Nov 2012. this is our 1st time to Osaka. we have 'free & Easy' trip on our onw. Our Tentative itinarary as following:
Day 1 : Arr Kansai Int's Airport in the morning. will go by train (need advise) to our hotel in Edori Nishi-Ku, Umeda/Amagasaki, Nearby JR station. will travel around Osaka by train on 1st day.
Day 2: go to Universal studio by train from our hotel
Day 3 : go to Kyoto by train
Day 4 : go to Arashiyama from Kyoto.
Day 5 : go back to Osaka
day 6 : from Hotel to kansai airport

with itinarary above, pls advise what type of rail pass we should buy in order to save money & convenient. can we purchase the rail pass on line?

TQ
abbie
by abbielow  

... 2012/11/8 20:07
we'll hv family trip ( 2adults 2 children) to Osaka & Kyoto end Nov 2012.

What exact date is Day 1? What time does your flight arrive?

this is our 1st time to Osaka. we have 'free & Easy' trip on our onw.

Should be very nice with the autumn colours.

Day 1 : Arr Kansai Int's Airport in the morning. will go by train (need advise) to our hotel in Edori Nishi-Ku, Umeda/Amagasaki, Nearby JR station. will travel around Osaka by train on 1st day.

What is your hotel name? Chisun Inn Umeda? I think you mean Edobori?

If it is Chisun Inn Umeda then it isn't nearby a JR Station.

Might need you to clarify before giving advice.

Day 2: go to Universal studio by train from our hotel

Use individual tickets/ICOCA.

Day 3 : go to Kyoto by train

Which hotel in Kyoto?
Individual tickets/ICOCA.

Day 4 : go to Arashiyama from Kyoto.

Day 5 : go back to Osaka

day 6 : from Hotel to kansai airport

Same as Day 1? Individual tickets/ICOCA.

with itinarary above, pls advise what type of rail pass we should buy in order to save money & convenient.

I don't think any rail pass will pay off. I'd just get an ICOCA pre-paid card and use that for moving around. Depending on what you do in Kyoto a One Day Bus Pass (500 yen) may pay off but I would guess that the buses will be way too bus during your time in Kyoto so I would try and use the subway (with ICOCA) as much as you can.

Enjoy your trip!
by GC3 rate this post as useful

... 2012/11/8 20:11
the buses will be way too bus

the buses will be way too busy!
by GC3 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread