Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

book triple convertible room but no extra bed 2012/11/8 21:48
Hi,

I booked a triple convertible room for 2 pax this coming year end holiday

1 of my friend would like to join me and another friend which then make it 3 of us.
I requested hotel to convert my room to triple sharing and I will pay for the extra bed charges. However, hotel replied that they do not have any extra bed available during my stays. They requested me to book another single room.

What can I do if I do not want to book another single room?
by hana (guest)  

Re: book triple convertible room but no extra bed 2012/11/8 22:03
What can I do if I do not want to book another single room?

Your only option would be to find another hotel that has a triple room available.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: book triple convertible room but no extra bed 2012/11/8 22:19
I've made full payment for my booking.
Therefore I want to avoid the troubles of going thru the hotel booking cycle again.

Is it possible that a hotel will run out of extra bed?
by hana (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: book triple convertible room but no extra bed 2012/11/8 22:56
Is it possible that a hotel will run out of extra bed?

Yes, and unfortunately that seems to be the situation here.

Re: book triple convertible room but no extra bed 2012/11/8 23:35
Hotel rooms are generally small, fitting just the right size for the designated pax.

What they mean is the room will not have space even if they have the extra bed which they don't.

No choice-you will have to find another room either triple in another hotel or extra single for your pal.

Generally. hotel policies do not allow non-registered visitors in rooms for the convenience of all guests.

by Donaldl rate this post as useful

Re: book triple convertible room but no extra bed 2012/11/9 06:00
It's possible that the hotel runs out of extra beds, but not likely. It's more like they don't have space for an extra bed as hotel rooms are generally vey small, especially if it's a business hotel. Which hotel is it?
by Tokyonet (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: book triple convertible room but no extra bed 2012/11/9 06:13
I booked a triple convertible room for 2 pax this coming year end holiday

However, hotel replied that they do not have any extra bed available during my stays.

It is pretty explicit from the original post that the hotel has run out of extra beds.

OP, if you do not want to change hotels then that leaves you exactly one option. You will have to book an additional single room. Perhaps the hotel might offer you a discount for your inconvenience? While unlikely, it may be worth asking.

... 2012/11/9 06:41
The phrasing is pretty unusual so I'd guess Shinjuku Prince Hotel but hopefully Hana can respond with whichever one it is.
by GC3 rate this post as useful

Re: book triple convertible room but no extra bed 2012/11/9 11:14
Donaldl & Tokyonet:
It is stated in the hotel official website that the room I booked is convertible to triple sharing by adding extra bed.

GC3:
What makes you think it's prince hotel?
by Hana (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2012/11/9 11:40
What makes you think it's prince hotel?

Google.
by GC3 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread