Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR pass order exchange at Shinjuku station 2012/11/10 15:39
I have heard that the line at Narita's JR travel office could get very long so we plan to exchange our JR pass order at Shinjuku station after we settle into our hotel. However I notice that Shinjuku station's JR pass exchange office is closed at 7pm. So are we able to exchange our orders at Shinjuku station's Midori-no-Madoguchi after 7pm? I know Midori-no-Madoguchi is not closed until 11pm. Thank you!
by Pokemonfan (guest)  

... 2012/11/10 16:55
What time does your flight arrive on what date?

I assume you don't plan on activating it on Day 1 when you arrive? Otherwise you will of course have to pay to get from Narita to Shinjuku if you don't exchange at Narita.

If you are going from Narita to Shinjuku without a JR Pass then the best option is usually the Suica + NEX package which you have to purchase at the same place you do the exchange order to JR Pass transaction so you may as well do it all at once.

If not, there are some other stations in Tokyo that are open later if you prefer including Tokyo until 20:30.

So are we able to exchange our orders at Shinjuku station's Midori-no-Madoguchi after 7pm?

No, you have to use the correct office.

To be honest, just do it at Narita.

Enjoy your trip!
by GC3 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread