Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tateyama Kurobe Alpine 2012/11/12 21:04
Hi,

I would like some help in my trip to japan as i found out the it will be the best time to go to Tateyama Kurobe Alphine during May. I will be reaching tokyo during May 2013.

Can i know:
1) If i wanted to explore Tateyama Kurobe Alphine from tokyo, i should start from shinano omachi to tomaya? Or is the route can only be from Toyama to Shinano Omachi?

2) If i wanted to direct from narita airport to Tateyama Kurobe Alphine. And have a night stay at a location near Tateyama Kurobe Alphine before going up Tateyama Kurobe Alphine the next day. Which city is the best place stay

3) And which is better, after visiting Tateyama Kurobe Alphine. Stay a night at a hotel nearby or leave for tokyo right after the trip to Tateyama Kurobe Alphine. If it is better to stay at a hotel before going to tokyo. Can i know which city to stay.

4) Is it advisable to after complete Tateyama Kurobe Alphine and travel to Lake Kawaguchiko to enjoy the view of Mt Fuji.

5) It is better to buy JR 7 Day pass or to buy Tateyama Kurobe Alphine ticket if i just only gonna travel this places: Tateyama Kurobe Alphine, Lake Kawaguchiko, Tokyo, Yokohama, Kamakura.

6) Hope someone can help in this too... To enjoy the view of MT Fuji. It is better to stay in Lake Kawaguchiko or Hakone.

7a) I would also like to try Shinkansen, So if i wanted to travel from narita airport straight to the Tateyama Kurobe Alphine. Using Tateyama Kurobe Alphine ticket. So i use the ticket for Shinkansen to Toyama or Shinano-Omachi on day 1 and stay a night at a hotel near by, can i use the ticket for the route on day 2. Or the ticket can be only use for the same day.

7b) If i want to take a Shinkansen from tokyo after i reach from narita airport. Which station should i go to take the Shinkasen.

8) Can someone post me a location on google map on the entrance to Toyama and
Shinano-Omachi of Tateyama Kurobe Alphine as i search myself it did not really show the exact location. I need that to plan the route and hotel.

Thank you for reading all this even if you cannot help with the question. Thank You
by Traveler J  

Re: Tateyama Kurobe Alpine 2012/11/13 11:39
I would like some help in my trip to japan as i found out the it will be the best time to go to Tateyama Kurobe Alphine during May.

Try to avoid the Golden Week, though:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2282.html

If i wanted to explore Tateyama Kurobe Alphine from tokyo, i should start from shinano omachi to tomaya?

Shinano-Omachi is closer to Tokyo than Toyama and would be the natural place to start the journey, but it depends on where you want to go afterwards.

Or is the route can only be from Toyama to Shinano Omachi?

No, it can be traveled in either direction or only partially.

If i wanted to direct from narita airport to Tateyama Kurobe Alphine. And have a night stay at a location near Tateyama Kurobe Alphine before going up Tateyama Kurobe Alphine the next day. Which city is the best place stay

Omachi would be closest. Matsumoto and Nagano would also be relatively close.

And which is better, after visiting Tateyama Kurobe Alphine. Stay a night at a hotel nearby or leave for tokyo right after the trip to Tateyama Kurobe Alphine.

There is enough time to return to Tokyo afterwards. So, it just depends on whether you want to avoid many other hours on the train after an already long day. Toyama would be an ideal place to stay overnight.

Is it advisable to after complete Tateyama Kurobe Alphine and travel to Lake Kawaguchiko to enjoy the view of Mt Fuji.

Kawaguchiko is somewhat between Tokyo and Omachi, so I would rather visit it along the way between Tokyo and Omachi than between Toyama and Tokyo. Alternatively, you could vist Kawaguchi separately as a side trip from Tokyo.

It is better to buy JR 7 Day pass or to buy Tateyama Kurobe Alphine ticket if i just only gonna travel this places: Tateyama Kurobe Alphine, Lake Kawaguchiko, Tokyo, Yokohama, Kamakura.

A Japan Rail Pass will not pay off. And the JR discount ticket that combines access to the Alpen Route with passing the Alpen Route does not allow you to visit Kawaguchiko along the way. So, I don't think that either ticket would be suitable, and go simply with regular tickets, instead.

A completely different approach would be to travel from Tokyo to Omachi, travel the route to Murodo and then return to Omachi. A JR East Pass may pay off for such an itinerary.

Hope someone can help in this too... To enjoy the view of MT Fuji. It is better to stay in Lake Kawaguchiko or Hakone.

Kawaguchiko. It is closer to the mountain and comes with a higher probability to actually seeing the mountain.

7a) I would also like to try Shinkansen, So if i wanted to travel from narita airport straight to the Tateyama Kurobe Alphine. Using Tateyama Kurobe Alphine ticket. So i use the ticket for Shinkansen to Toyama or Shinano-Omachi on day 1 and stay a night at a hotel near by, can i use the ticket for the route on day 2. Or the ticket can be only use for the same day.

You could use the Nagano Shinkansen to get from Tokyo to Nagano from where you can take a non-JR bus to Omachi and the Alpen Route:
http://www.alpico.co.jp/access/express/nagano_omachi/

Or you could use the Joetsu Shinkansen between Echigo-Yuzawa and Tokyo for travel from Toyama.

Can someone post me a location on google map on the entrance to Toyama and
Shinano-Omachi of Tateyama Kurobe Alphine as i search myself it did not really show the exact location. I need that to plan the route and hotel.

Here is Ogizawa at the entrance of the route:
https://maps.google.com/?ll=36.55986,137.721884&spn=0.013944,0.01929&t...

Here is Shinano-Omachi Station:
https://maps.google.com/?ll=36.500029,137.860651&spn=0.013954,0.01929&...
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread