Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Izu Hanto - reasonable 1 day itinerary 2012/11/21 22:05
Hi there!

Altough there is excellent information available about Izu Hanto, I'm still struggling to create a reasonable itinerary. My main problem is that I can't read the Tokai Bus time tables (or anything else on the page for that matter).

We will be arriving at the Nanzanso Ryokan after having spent the day at Lake Ashi and Hakone. We will be the whole following day (a tuesday) at Izu and then leave the day after that sometime until noon. So, we will have a full day to stay at Izu Hanto.

I would like to visit Heda and Toi on the west coast as well as the Seven Waterfalls. I have seen that there is a bus line from Toi to Kawazu that we might use, but as I don't know when they leave or how long they will take, I have no idea if this might work. Also, I don't know any charges.

We will be traveling in two, maybe a rented car could be an option? Given that the peninsula isn't too big and I guess that there won't be too much traffic, maybe this could be an option, too?

Looking forward to your answers :)

Regards
Steffen
by sbreit  

Re: Izu Hanto - reasonable 1 day itinerary 2012/11/22 08:32
Yes, renting a car makes getting around the peninsula much easier, especially if you plan to cover multiple areas of the peninsula in a single day.

And on a regular Tuesday, traffic will be light especially in the interior and along the western coast. It is a very pleasant place to drive.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Izu Hanto - reasonable 1 day itinerary 2012/11/22 10:38
Bus services are not frequent, so renting a car is a very good idea. West coast is much more beautiful than east coast. Must see area is between Ugusu and Toi. You should drive from south to north there and you can see the magnificent view of Mr. Fuji above the sea in a clear day. The best Fuji view in the country in my opinion.Also don't miss "Koganezaki" a good scenic point in the area.
by Jamjam (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Izu Hanto - reasonable 1 day itinerary 2012/11/23 05:51
Hi guys, thanks for the input.

Unfortunately, as this would be the only time I'd rent a car and I also need a translation of my license, this would be quite pricey (over 10000 Yen).

Now I have to figure out what to see... Seven Waterfalls in any case, but what else? Well, I have to figure it out ;)
by sbreit rate this post as useful

Re: Izu Hanto - reasonable 1 day itinerary 2012/11/23 08:10
Take a look at some suggestions for touring the Izu Peninsula in the following thread of another forum.

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g298184-i861-k5170666-Short_trip_f...

by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: Izu Hanto - reasonable 1 day itinerary 2012/11/23 17:09
"need a translation of my license, this would be quite pricey (over 10000 Yen)."
you can get your licence translated at JAF (Japan Automotive Association) for 3,000yen only.
check below for more info
www.jaf.or.jp/e/switch.htm
by tanshin69 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Izu Hanto - reasonable 1 day itinerary 2012/11/23 17:28
@tanshin69: About the 10000 Yen, I was talking about the translation plus the car rental plus fuel plus other costs like parking... I don't know if that's worth it.

@William5: That looks quite helpful, thanks!
by sbreit rate this post as useful

reply to this thread