Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto Sanjo Eki to Shugakuin Eki 2012/11/22 11:53
I'm very fortunate to obtain a pass to visit The Shugakuin Imperial Villa on Wednesday 28th November, 11am. I'm stayin at Kyoto Hotel in Sanjo Dori Kyoto, I would hope to get a train at the Sanjo Eki to Shugakuin Eki?... is that correct?...can anyone give me exact train/trains to catch and approx. how long it would take etc. Thank you.
by Barrieaw  

Re: Kyoto Sanjo Eki to Shugakuin Eki 2012/11/22 13:01
I'm stayin at Kyoto Hotel in Sanjo Dori Kyoto

Which hotel? Sanjo is a long street with many hotels along it. I will assume that the hotel is close to Keihan Railway's Sanjo Station.

I would hope to get a train at the Sanjo Eki to Shugakuin Eki?... is that correct?

Yes.

can anyone give me exact train/trains to catch and approx. how long it would take etc.

You ride the Keihan Main Line from Sanjo to Demachi-Yanagi, where you have to transfer to an Eizan train. There are signs showing the way from the underground station of Keihan to the above-ground station of Eizan. Then, get off at Shugakuin and walk to the villa in 10-15 minutes:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3936.html

You can look up train connections, times and fares here:
http://www.hyperdia.com/
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto Sanjo Eki to Shugakuin Eki 2012/11/22 16:19
Thank you for your help Uji, Train connection is now clear to me, I'm staying at The Royal Park Hotel - The Kyoto, on Sanjo Dori only three minutes walk to Sanjo station. I assume I will have to purchase two separate tickets?.
by Barrieaw rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto Sanjo Eki to Shugakuin Eki 2012/11/22 19:06
Maybe you can buy a "transfer ticket" at Sanjo Station, but I am not sure. If you use prepaid cards, note that Eizan is one of the few trains that do not accept Icoca yet. They do accept the Surutto Kansai Card, though. Keihan accepts both.
by admin rate this post as useful

reply to this thread