Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hama Rikyu Travel - December 29 2012/11/23 20:47
Hello,

I will be travelling to Japan in December however, the only day I have available to go to Hama Rikyu is the 29th. I plan on taking the boat on the Sumida River from Asakusa to Hama Rikyu however, I have now found out that Hama Rikyu is allegedly closed on this day.

Firstly - is this correct?
Secondly - does this mean that it is not possible to take the boat at all or does it mean I will only not be permitted to enter the gardens? (I want to go to Shiodome after visiting the gardens)

Thanks in advance.
by neshy14  

Re: Hama Rikyu Travel - December 29 2012/11/26 11:56
I will be travelling to Japan in December however, the only day I have available to go to Hama Rikyu is the 29th. I plan on taking the boat on the Sumida River from Asakusa to Hama Rikyu however, I have now found out that Hama Rikyu is allegedly closed on this day.

Yes, unfortunately Hama Rikyu will be closed that day.

does this mean that it is not possible to take the boat at all or does it mean I will only not be permitted to enter the gardens? (I want to go to Shiodome after visiting the gardens)

I believe it means that the boats will skip Hama Rikyu and go straight to Hinode as the dock is inside the garden, so you wouldn't be able to get off and pass through to Shiodome.

You'd better look into alternate plans.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread