Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR Kansai Wide pass 2012/11/24 23:46
If I have JR Kansai Wide Pass then I can take shinkansen Hikari from Shin-Osaka to Okayama (which cover by the pass).
My question: Can I take Hikari direct from Shin-Osaka to Hiroshima? If yes, then how much and where I have to pay for extra i.e fare for Okayama to Hiroshima.
by vachira  

Re: JR Kansai Wide pass 2012/11/25 10:45
Can I take Hikari direct from Shin-Osaka to Hiroshima? If yes, then how much and where I have to pay for extra i.e fare for Okayama to Hiroshima.

There aren't many Hikari anymore that travel between Shin-Osaka and Hiroshima. But you can also use Nozomi, Sakura or Mizuho trains.

If you want to ride directly, you would be best to purchase the additional ticket from Okayama to Hiroshima in advance at a ticket counter, especially if you want to travel by reserved seat without changing seats at Okayama.

In theory, I think you could also pay the remainder inside the train or at Hiroshima Station, but it is much easier to do it in advance, both for you and the train conductor.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: JR Kansai Wide pass 2012/11/25 11:07
Uji-san,
Thank you so much for your answer.
by vachira rate this post as useful

reply to this thread