Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR bus from Ryoanji temple 2012/11/29 17:28
I would like to take JR bus from Ryoanji temple to kyoto station. I also have JR pass already. But I cant seem to find information about where the bus stop at Ryoanji temple. dose it require a long walk or else i would like to take another way instead?

Thank you very much.
pink
by pink (guest)  

Re: JR bus from Ryoanji temple 2012/11/30 16:44
It stops along the street right in front of the temple.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: JR bus from Ryoanji temple 2012/11/30 19:16
Thank you very much ^^
by pink (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR bus from Ryoanji temple 2012/11/30 22:53
Hi, I'm also considering taking a bus from Kyoto Station to Ryoanji Temple. May I know what is the JR bus number mentioned here and will my JR Pass be valid for use on this bus? Also where at Kyoto Station I can catch this bus? Sorry if it seems I'm hijacking this thread for my own benefit.
by nww rate this post as useful

Re: JR bus from Ryoanji temple 2012/12/1 01:34
IIRC, it is bus #50 and the bus stop is about 150 m from Ryoanji temple entrance in the direction of Kinkakuji, in front of a (western avant-garde ) museum.
by epsilon8 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR bus from Ryoanji temple 2012/12/1 08:44
It is the only local JR bus in Kyoto. I wasn't aware it had a number. The Japan Rail Pass is valid. It departs from the bus terminal on the Karasuma side of Kyoto Station. Look for the JR bus in direction of Takao.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: JR bus from Ryoanji temple 2012/12/1 16:57
Googling to refresh my memory, you are right - JR bus has no number.
The western museum is the Insho-Domoto Musuem of Fine Arts as shown in the map here
Ritsumeikan U
http://www.ritsumei-gcoe.jp/heritagerisknet.dmuch/location/index.html
by epsilon8 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR bus from Ryoanji temple 2013/1/3 03:44
Sorry, but according to google street view the bus stop is actually just in front of Ryoan-ji. The picture is suposed to be from 2012 and the JR sign is quite visible.

BTW, thank all for the info on the place to find the bus on Kyoto station.
by CecilSoares rate this post as useful

reply to this thread