Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Transport to Hakuba from Osaka 2012/11/30 09:16
Hi all

I'm skiing in Hakuba in February and arriving in Osaka Kansai airport at 6.20pm and leaving a week later from the same airport at 10.30am

Please advise me what transport I need to go to Hakuba (bus/rail) and whether I could go straight from and to the airport.

Thank you kindly
by mamasydney (guest)  

Re: Transport to Hakuba from Osaka 2012/11/30 17:53
Hakuba is a very long way from Kansai Airport and you will not be able to get there by train without a stopover if you are arriving in the evening. It also requires several changes of train and will take around 7 to 15 hours. You will also have the same problem when you return. You will need to leave a day early and stop over in Osaka or out near the airport.

You can use Hyperdia to get an idea of what it is going to take to get there:

http://www.hyperdia.com/en/cgi/en/search.html?dep_node=KANSAI%20AIRPOR...
by RobBeer (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Transport to Hakuba from Osaka 2012/11/30 18:51
You need to catch 1616 train at KIX in order to arrive in Hakuba on that day at 2230.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Transport to Hakuba from Osaka 2012/12/1 12:01
Thank you both for your reply.

I haven't confirmed my flight booking, would I be better arriving in Tokyo rather than Osaka?

Thank you again, much appreciated
by mamasydney (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Transport to Hakuba from Osaka 2012/12/1 12:48
I suggest to use the following night bus
http://www.alpico.co.jp/access/express/matsumoto_osaka/
You arrive Matsumoto in the morning and catch the 10:30~am train to Hukuba (11:30~amarrival)
by lester (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Transport to Hakuba from Osaka 2012/12/1 12:54
http://ekikara.jp/newdata/line/1301471/down1_1.htm
same way to go back to Kansai with the night bus
round trip for the night bus is only 10000yen.
by lester (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Transport to Hakuba from Osaka 2012/12/1 19:37
I haven't confirmed my flight booking, would I be better arriving in Tokyo rather than Osaka?

From Narita is a little better, but you are still looking at around 6 hours and several changes. Again, use Hyperdia to get the times and changes required.

Re: Transport to Hakuba from Osaka 2012/12/1 20:04
It would take more like 7-8 hours, not 15 hours from Osaka - Hakuba!!!!!

If you arrive in the evening in Tokyo, you still won't make it to Hakuba by train the same day.

There are quite a few options from Narita Airport if you arrive in the morning. If you want to use train, then Narita - Tokyo - Nagano, then bus will take more than 4hours.
If you stay in Tokyo (Shinjuku) overnight, you can catch the Azusa Express at 7:30am direct (Only once a day direct) to Hakuba. The return direct train Hakuba -Shinjuku is at 2:38pm.
by Sandy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Transport to Hakuba from Osaka 2012/12/1 22:28
@Sandy (guest): The 15 hours I gave was if the original poster was to take a train straight after arrival at Kansai at around 7.30 pm, this option would take 14 hours 57 minutes with a stopover in Toyama of around five and a half hours. If you click on the Hyperdia link I gave you will see that is the first one listed.

reply to this thread