Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Should I go to Noboribetsu 2012/12/4 16:13
I am going to Hokkaido this month & I am wondering of I should go to Noboribetsu. I am not staying there; I am thinking of doing it as a day trip. I will not be using any onsen either. I am thinking of just walking around the onsen town to get a feel of it, & go to Jigokudani & Oyunuma if their walking trail is open.

Do you think it is a waste of time & money for me to go there since i am not staying in a hotel or using any onsen???

And is a walk around the onsen town, Jigokudani & foot bath at Oyunuma (assuming walking trail is open) worth spending 7,770 yen on JR transport?
by tinkerbell (guest)  

Re: Should I go to Noboribetsu 2012/12/4 16:36
The hell valley is unique, but depending on snow and weather conditions, the upper areas and natural foot bath may not be accessible. Noboribetsu also has some other attractions, such as a samurai theme park that I find somewhat entertaining and a bear park that I find very depressing. But by far the biggest reasons why I can't get enough of Noboribetsu are the local hot spring waters and the bath of the Takimotokan.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Should I go to Noboribetsu 2012/12/4 16:54
Hi Uji-san,

May I know why do u say the bear park is depressing?

If after I get off the shuttle bus, I see a sign at the Tourist Office that says the walking trail is closed, I can still go ahead & hike to Oyunuma, can't I? Mmmm... Is it dangerous?
I do not understand the reason behind the closure because I live in a country where there is only 1 season everyday - SUMMER.
by tinkerbell (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Should I go to Noboribetsu 2012/12/4 18:43
May I know why do u say the bear park is depressing?

Large numbers of bears are kept in unattractive concrete cages in which the graceful animals are treated like clowns.

If after I get off the shuttle bus, I see a sign at the Tourist Office that says the walking trail is closed, I can still go ahead & hike to Oyunuma, can't I? Mmmm... Is it dangerous?

Don't enter if there is a signed that says it is closed.

Re: Should I go to Noboribetsu 2012/12/6 14:48
I went to Noboribetsu twice for my recent trip. I love it because of the Onsen. I didn't get a chance to walk around much because if was snowy, snow on the ground.

Check the weather reports to make sure you don't get stuck in a snow storm. I wonder if that happens often or is it just me being stuck in a snow storm.

Met some people who go to Noboribetsu every year just to enjoy the onsen.

by Hi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Should I go to Noboribetsu 2012/12/6 16:12
I read from Tripadvisor that a lot of Japanese found the entrance fee to be too high for their comfort & they said a lot of the exhibits there were replicas, so they did not like the idea of paying so much money for these. But foreigners like the park though, due to the humourous nature of the indoor show.
Personally, I find the entrance fee a bit prohibitive. So I am not thinking of going there. Should the walking trail to Oyunuma be closed, oh my gosh, that will mean I spent all that time & money on just walking around onsen town & Jigokudani.... Mmmm.... Noboribetsu ni ikoo kana???

Re: Should I go to Noboribetsu 2012/12/6 16:48
tinkerbell, what are you referring to? Exhibits? Show? What am I missing?

Re: Should I go to Noboribetsu 2012/12/6 17:06

Re: Should I go to Noboribetsu 2012/12/6 18:29
I see (and agree with a lot of the opinions). Thank you!

reply to this thread