Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

8D7N Osaka Trip 2012/12/8 20:05
Hi everyone, hope you can comment on my planned itinerary for my Osaka trip. Many thanks to other topics which helped me in my planning!

I will be staying in Osaka city throughout the 8 days and mainly plan to make day trips.

19 Dec - Osaka City
20 Dec - Kyoto
21 Dec - Kinosaki Onsen
22 Dec - Kobe and Himeji
23 Dec - Takihata Waterfalls (Trekking day)
24 Dec - Mino City and Osaka City
25 Dec - Osaka City
26 Dec - Returning flight =(

I will also be getting the JR Kansai Wide Pass from 20-23 December. Would appreciate if there is any way to include Nara in the trip!

Thanks!
by Jzchuan (guest)  

... 2012/12/9 13:21
I'd skip Himeji due to the renovation:-
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3501.html

Consider replacing Himeji with Hikone Castle if you wish to see a castle:-
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e7001.html

Hikone is covered by the JR West Kansai Wide Area Pass.

If you don't go to Hikone you could do Nara in the morning of Dec 22 and Kobe in the afternoon/evening, or maybe on 24 Dec in the morning and not do Osaka City.

I would have considered spending the night at Kinosaki Onsen instead of just a day trip.

Enjoy your trip!
by GC3 rate this post as useful

Re: 8D7N Osaka Trip 2012/12/9 13:28
Hi GC3,

Thanks for the suggestion. I will probably just visit Osaka Castle instead, and replace Hijimei with Nara.

19 Dec - Osaka City
20 Dec - Kyoto
21 Dec - Kinosaki Onsen
22 Dec - Kobe and Nara
24 Dec - Mino City, Nara (backup)
and Osaka City
25 Dec - Osaka City
26 Dec - Returning flight =(

May I also ask why would you recommend an overnight stay at Kinosaki? My impression is that a day trip would suffice, unless I plan to have a ryokan experience =)
by jzchuan (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2012/12/9 13:44
May I also ask why would you recommend an overnight stay at Kinosaki?

It's 2.5 hours each way. I have not been there yet but from most past threads it seems one of the enjoyable things is to wander the streets in Yukata and visit the different baths in the evenings. The last limited express out seems to leave around 6pm.

My impression is that a day trip would suffice, unless I plan to have a ryokan experience =)

Of course, a ryokan experience would be one of the reasons to stay overnight, especially as you don't seem to do that on your trip. Other options for ryokan are Kyoto or Nara I guess.
by GC3 rate this post as useful

Re: 8D7N Osaka Trip 2012/12/9 17:12

You must go to Takihata Waterfalls via Nankai line which is not covered by the Kansai Wide Area Pass (JR).

You might better consider going to Okayama via Shinkansen (about 50 min one way). With a normal ticket it costs 5350 yen one way from Shin-Osaka :-). Okayama has famous Korakuen garden and with a 16-17 min ride you can reach Kurashiki which is a popular tourist spot with a nice Ohara museum.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: 8D7N Osaka Trip 2012/12/9 19:40
Good idea! I should probably go for the full course at kinosaki :-) will check to see if there are any places available at this late notice.

Frog,
Thanks for pointing out about about the pass and recommendations. I will check them out or consider getting another pass
:-)
by jzchuan (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread