Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Should I stay in Nara for Yamayaki? 2012/12/9 09:29
So I'll be arriving at KIX on the 26th of Jan, 2013 (at around 6am) & was planning on catching the Haruka limited airport express to Osaka (Tennoji station) & from there, travel down on the JR Kansai line to Nara where I'll most likely spend the night. There seems to be accommodation (at relatively cheap prices, as well) available & I figured it'd be better than having to catch the train back to Kyoto (Kyoto will be my base) at like 7.30ish when the festival ends.

Opinions?
by Guest (guest)  

Re: Should I stay in Nara for Yamayaki? 2012/12/13 07:28
When I visited the festival in 2011, I stayed in Nara. Considering the distance between Nara and Kyoto it shouldn't be much of a problem to travel back to the city, although I assume the trains will be pretty much packed.

However, staying in Nara makes it a bit more relaxed. After all, the festival isn't over when the fire stops burning at around 8pm. There are lots of food stands, and I had a lot of fun with the local people (a lot of them slightly drunk...). I did spend a couple more hours in the park before returning to my hotel, no need to rush.
by WizardOfOss (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread