Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Advisable to climb Mt Takao during winter? 2012/12/9 23:40
I'm planning for a day trip to Mt Takao from tokyo during winter around the period of 20-28 January 2013. Just wondering if it is advisable to climb Mt Takao during this period? what will the place be like?

Thanks much!
by Tony (guest)  

Re: Advisable to climb Mt Takao during winter? 2012/12/10 08:32
You can go there around the year. It does not usually receive a lot of snow, and often it can be free of snow. Aside from the evergreens, vegetation will be barren. Crowds will be smaller. I think it can be a very nice walk and temple visit.

I also understand that it is possible to do mountain worship practice there, such as sitting under a cold waterfall in a thin, white yukata:
http://www.takaosan.or.jp/english/asceticism.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Advisable to climb Mt Takao during winter? 2012/12/10 14:32
Mt Takao is very low and you can take the cablecar so it's really no problem. Just make sure that you dress warm and you have appropriate shoes. The view will actually be better in the winter time as the air is dry and clearer and most winter days in the region is sunny.
by Harry Takeuchi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread