Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Makuhari Messe from Haneda 2013/1/7 17:10
Good day everyone. I'm struggling to piece together the information from the various websites. I'm trying to figure out how to get from Haneda to Makuhari Messe (staying at APA Hotel). What I've gathered is that there are buses that take you direct BUT the service ends around 6pm-ish. I land at 10:30pm. Does this mean I've got to take the train?... and if so, I'm struggling with all the lines and stations. For those with local knowledge, some help would be great. Thank you.
by David Tan (guest)  

... 2013/1/7 19:02
Probably "easiest" that late at night will be Keikyu Airport Express to Shinagawa, Yamanote line to Tokyo, JR Keiyo line to Kaihimmakuhari Station.

Last connection will be around 11:40pm.

You can look up suggestions and options using Hyperdia:-
http://www.hyperdia.com/

Use Haneda Airport International Terminal for the from Station and "Kaihimmakuhari" as the destination.

Hyperdia has some other suggestions but they don't run as late and may not be easy, some of the Tokyo locals may have some better suggestions.

Enjoy your trip!
by GC3 rate this post as useful

Re: Makuhari Messe from Haneda 2013/1/7 23:00
how to get from Haneda to Makuhari Messe (staying at APA Hotel).
I land at 10:30pm.

If you are coming from overseas, a simple option is to take a limousine bus to Kaihimmakuhari Station North Exit, pass under the rail tracks and walk to your hotel.
- http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/platform_searches/index/4/145
: These bus which depart from Haneda cannot be booked.
: The last two buses (23:50, 00:20) do not make stops by HND two domestic terminals.
: The fare for the last one bus (00:20) is twice as much as the fare for another.

In Tokyo Station, Keiyo Line tracks are located deep under the ground, and pathways to the tracks are long. Easier rail routes exist, but I do not recommend them for late hours.

Kaihimmakuhari Station has one wide gate equipped with gate machines.
When you face this gate from outside, North Exit is on your left.
When you pass through this gate from inside, South Exit is on your left.
(I am not sure whether there are slopes near staircases of these gates.)

I suppose it is too long to walk dark at night from your hotel to Makuhari Messe but when day breaks, it would be easier because Makuhari Messe is a well-known landmark with exhibition halls.

Originally the place name "Makuhari" is for another area. Please note that Makuhari Station or Makuharihongo Station is not located in Makuhari bayside area.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Makuhari Messe from Haneda 2013/1/8 09:30
Thanks a lot for the information. Definitely helped!
by David Tan (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread