Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hostel/Hotel near Oboke/Awaikeda Station 2013/1/12 01:34
I am a University student looking for affordable accommodation (around 5000 yen or below)

I Hope to visit Iya valley and tsurugi yama
I would also like to ask if there is any cheap hostel or hotel to recommend near Awa-Ikeda station or Oboke station?

I visited many youth hostel website but they did not provide their email... They only provide tel number. I may be difficult for me to make reservation without emails from Singapore...

It would be good if anyone can provide me with their email address so i could contact them and make reservations!

Thanx in advance!
by Kiev Wong (guest)  

... 2013/1/12 11:33
by GC3 rate this post as useful

Re: Hostel/Hotel near Oboke/Awaikeda Station 2013/1/12 18:47

A 2-minute drive from Okada Port, Asamikan offers Japanese-style rooms with sea views and free Wi-Fi. It provides a free shuttle to/from ferry terminals and the airport. Bicycle rentals and free parking are available.

Asamikan is a 15-minute walk from Yahata Shrine. It's a 5-minute drive from the Oshima Lighthouse and a 10-minute drive from Mount Mihara. Oshima Airport is a 5-minute drive away, while Motomachi Port is a 15-minute drive away.

Rooms are air-conditioned, and they feature a tatami (woven mat) floor, on which Japanese futon bedding is spread to sleep in. Yukata robes are provided, and bathroom facilities are shared.

Hotel Asamikan serves a Japanese breakfast and dinner at the dining room. Drinks can be purchased at vending machines.

For more info please click

http://ow.ly/gKII8
by Sam (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hostel/Hotel near Oboke/Awaikeda Station 2013/11/2 13:52
I recently visited Iya valley and stayed near a ryokan/minshuku that is about 2 to 3 minutes away from Awa Ikeda station (Seiunso, tel: 0883-72-1436). A Japanese old man in his 70s runs this place. He is very kind and very humble. It is not a 100% clean place but very cheap and very convenient. How can we expect an old man to run everything? He lives alone, his wife has passed away and there are not many people know about this place I think. He does not know English though.

If you need to stay here, go to awa ikeda, call from station or ask the station people to talk on your behalf. The tourist centre is just outside the station, so they should help too. This place is usually empty I guess, so there should be no problem in getting a place here.

Cheers.
by Dev (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread