Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Reliability Budget Air Travel 2013/1/14 22:15
I was thinking of using a "budget flight company" for a trip from Osaka to Sapporo.

I was thinking of the reliability of these compared to ordinary flight companies like ANA and JAL.

In case of cancellation of a flight, is it possible or rare to be booked on a later flight? I will use a morning flight and it does not mather if it is a delay, I have no time to hit when I come to Sapporo. All I care about is getting there at all, at the same day hopefully. So a cancelled flight could be a problem if I get no new ticket or something else...

by Gifu Joe (guest)  

Air anyone? 2013/1/24 18:11
Anyone knows about this? Sorry if I seem impatient.
by Sweguy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Reliability Budget Air Travel 2013/1/24 18:31
I was thinking of the reliability of these compared to ordinary flight companies like ANA and JAL.

They flown them without problems and I think they tend to be pretty reliable. But why don't you just book on ANA or JAL using one of the discount fares mentioned on this page. Should be similar to the discount airlines but with JAL and ANA service:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2364.html
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Reliability Budget Air Travel 2013/1/24 21:41
Have you looked at Jetstar Japan? We fly with them and aren't bad at all
by CacTuar (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Reliability Budget Air Travel 2013/1/24 22:34
1. The fare of Peach Aviation is in general much cheaper than that of the discount fare of ANA or JAL. Especially when Peach provides the campaign price. Now it is 2890 yen, from KIX to Sapporo (14th May).

2. The risk of the cancellation is relatively low. I guess less than 1% or so.

3. When Peach cancels its flight, they provide later flight, but your chance to get the flight in the same day is very low, since Peach has not so many ships. In this case, you must buy the normal fare ticket from JAL or ANA which is 10 times more expensive than the original Peach ticket.

Conclusion: Buying Peach ticket is like buying "unlucky lottery": that says if the flight is OK you get nothing but if it is cancelled you get minus lots. If you have much time and travel a lot, Peach is a good option. In long term view you will get benefits even if your flight is occasionally cancelled.

Personally, I like Peach Aviation and will fly with them in the future.

Sorry for the late post. I did not noticed your first post.
by frog1954 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Reliability Budget Air Travel 2013/1/24 22:44
If you have long legs, you should better reserve the "stretch seat" in the front row by paying additional 840 yen. I twice took this seat which has +30 to 40 cm more legroom.
by frog1954 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Reliability Budget Air Travel 2013/1/24 23:40
frog1954,
If Peach Aviation has few trips per day maybe it is not too good. I would like to be there the same day since I have booked a room and my room in Osaka is no more staying.

yllwsmrf,
What you mean by ANA/JAL service? I am not sure I understood it.
by Sweguy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Reliability Budget Air Travel 2013/1/25 10:43
What you mean by ANA/JAL service? I am not sure I understood it

JAL and ANA have the best service, its generally first rate and they take pretty good care of you not only during the flight, but also will help you out as much as they can should something go wrong.

On the flipside, discount airlines come with minimal services, and one thing to be aware of is that baggage check fees on the cheap airlines will close the gap a bit between their fares and the discount JAL/ANA fares.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread