Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Should I go to Hida no Sato? 2013/1/16 18:19
I will be staying overnight at Shirakawa-Go after going to Takayama. I have only 3hrs in Takayama before that, so would anyone recommend that I should still go see Hida no Sato?

Also, what would you recommend I go see during my 3hrs in Takayama?

Thanks in advance.
by vanillaVanessa  

Re: Should I go to Hida no Sato? 2013/1/16 19:42
It might make more sense to spend your time in Takayama wandering through old town, and something else like Takayama Jinya.
by Sal1980 rate this post as useful

... 2013/1/16 20:00
I would not go to Hida no Sato.

If you are there in the morning then the morning markets are worth a look, wander the old town, and if you have time the Yatai Kaikan with the floats on display is worth a look.

Enjoy your trip!
by GC3 rate this post as useful

Re: Should I go to Hida no Sato? 2013/1/16 21:05
If you're going to Shirakawa-go, you don't really need to go to Hida no Sato. Hida no Sato would probably take up your entire three hours and there are other things in Takayama that you could do, like Takayama Jinya or the markets - or just a pleasant walk around the old town streets and shops. It's a lovely little city.
by guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Should I go to Hida no Sato? 2013/1/16 21:16
Thanks for all the prompt replies. I'm glad to know that there are heaps more I can enjoy in my 3 hrs. Will try to go to most of the places recommended =)
by vanillaVanessa rate this post as useful

Re: Should I go to Hida no Sato? 2013/1/17 01:34
It's a pity that you can only afford 3 hours in Takayama. Takayama deserves at least an overnight stay - if not more. For an in-depth exploration of Takayama, take a look at some suggestions in the following thread in another forum.

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g298113-i11000-k5727845-Takayama_d...

by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: Should I go to Hida no Sato? 2013/1/31 23:59
I'm sure you can visit the Old town in three Hachimangu shrine but going to Hida would not be possible if you wanted to enjoy yourself.
by agjwilson rate this post as useful

reply to this thread