Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How can I book Highway Bus with JRP? 2013/1/16 21:47
I plan on buying a Japan Rail Pass, which i believe can be used on JR highway buses from Tokyo to Nagoya.

Problem is, I don't know how to book a seat over the internet because (1) I need a japanese address etc (2) even if i asked someone i know in japan, im worried ill still have to pay for the seat.

Is the 'reserving' and 'buying' different? as in, can I reserve a seat first, then on the day show them my pass, and i wont have to pay?

Sorry if the question is worded in a confusing way.
by vanillaVanessa  

Re: How can I book Highway Bus with JRP? 2013/1/17 08:26
I strongly doubt that there is a system for JRP holders to make online reservations for buses. But you can reserve buses at any JR ticket office in Japan.
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2013/1/17 09:10
Can I ask why? Are you trying to save on accommodation costs?

It is only 100 minutes on an Hikari Shinkansen between the two cities. Seems much more enjoyable to me than trying to sleep on an overnight bus.

Note also that with a JR Pass you can only use the Dream Nagoya, or Ladies Dream Nagoya, not any of the Premium Dream or other classes of bus.

Enjoy your trip!
by GC3 rate this post as useful

Re: How can I book Highway Bus with JRP? 2013/1/17 09:53
It is mainly a matter of time, because the bus runs at a time that fits well with the rest of my schedule.
by vanillaVanessa rate this post as useful

... 2013/1/17 09:57
No worries. As Uji said, just do it at a JR Ticket Office once you are in Japan and have exchanged your voucher for the JR Pass.

Note that you can book the bus before the activation date of your JR Pass if you don't plan on using your JR Pass the day you land.
by GC3 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread